Author Topic: Warning: Accessing store with non-configured or unknown domain  (Read 5252 times)

Offline dannywilliams14

• View Profile
Warning: Accessing store with non-configured or unknown domain .. I get hundreds of these.. you would think someone would have fixed this ERROR.. because ignoring it ..well is not doing anything about it..  and that never fixes anything..

This is an error.. I have a few carts and have set them up correctly. an choosing http or https ..choosing www or not and adding a trailing slash is not that difficult to understand  but most installs continually gives this error.. no matter the settings!  so say its a settings issue again..and I'll say, Yeah,sure it is.  it is an error. and if it actually is a setting issue FIX/CHANGE IT so people do not have such trouble with this, its obviously NOT easy to set up, or configure. So you can not auto fill the area? Or this setting?? I've thought about changing carts over this 'NON' issue. as it makes it very difficult to check logs.

Maybe an answer to why it is happening and coding a fix, and FIXING IT. OR making it so the cart ignores them.  You know so you do not have hundreds of useless errors, hiding something that is important, among the miles long list.

Non fixable error...beyond frustrating .. and even better is 'answers' that do not address the trouble.

Danny
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:13:44 AM by dannywilliams14 »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Warning: Accessing store with non-configured or unknown domain
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 06:57:15 AM »
Welcome to AbanteCart Danny,

This is not an error and works as warning. Also, this is not a coding issue.
Warning basically indicates that somebody or something accessed your AbanteCart site with incorrect (not configured) domain/URL.

It mainly indicates that your site can be accessible with different domains or subdomains that indicates misconfiguration on your web server.
This is not about HTTP to HTTPS.
Common example that will trigger this warning is, then your AbanteCart can be reached by www.xyz.com and xyz.com without automatic redirect of xyz.com to www.xyz.com.
In this case, you need to set a correct redirect to www.xyz.com within web server or .htaccess configuration.

In event you need to use multiple domains in one AbanteCart, you can use multi-store configuration.

Also, this warning lets you know that there is a potential search engines issue. If search engines see your site in different domains, they give you penalty.

Hope this helps to clarify the situation.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 07:03:57 AM by abantecart »
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline dannywilliams14

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 09:31:30 AM »
That actually makes a lot of sense and snapped a lot of missing pieces together.. I was at a loss as to why some of my sites would be okay and others just showing tons of errors..  :P on the same server..

TO OTHER WEBMASTERS.. read this part..
My sites that were configured so any add-on domains were insulated from the ip access by default whereas any main domains could be accessed by ip address ..NOOOOO! wrong!
make it so none can be accessed by ip and your golden!

Thanks abantecart person!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 09:58:22 AM »
For discussion or ideas regarding this warning https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/1106

Offline dannywilliams14

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 02:06:01 PM »
I used this to solve that configuration trouble.
Sorry I had to post the image, not allowed to post that in code or text.