Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: need some help  (Read 6876 times)

Offline vju88

• View Profile
need some help
« on: July 11, 2013, 02:47:37 AM »
Dear
I have tried 10-15 cart soft but i found your one is simply great, i am not professional programmer, that's why im facing some problem to customize it. need your help. also give your suggestion that can i do it myself or i need to take the help of a programmer.

1. i like to know how i can change front page scrolling banner

2. want to add custom payment method like "credit card swap" after selecting this method the customer will get 2% additional charges in total checkout amount.

3. the brand scrolling banner @ the bottom of my page is not working. means cant see anything, only blank box is there.

4. is it possible to add different "static banner" on different pages.

5. how can i add "similar product" pan.

thanks for your free cart
viju.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: need some help
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 09:16:44 PM »
1. i like to know how i can change front page scrolling banner
Scrolling banner consists of HTML that can be edited in Design -> Banner Manager.  Look for Main Banners

2. want to add custom payment method like "credit card swap" after selecting this method the customer will get 2% additional charges in total checkout amount.
There are no ability to add custom payment methods without creating new extension. You can use authorize.net payment to use credit cards. For discount, you probably need to get promotion extension on extensions store. 

3. the brand scrolling banner @ the bottom of my page is not working. means cant see anything, only blank box is there.
Probably not set correctly. Check all banners and make sure they are enabled.

4. is it possible to add different "static banner" on different pages.
Yes. You need to add banner, create block with the banner and add block on the page you need in layout section.
You can skip step with creating banner and just create HTML block.

5. how can i add "similar product" pan.
This is related products. Look under product edit and relations tab.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline vju88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 03:22:57 PM »
Thanks, now i understand the blocks & banners. but not getting one thing, from where to add the graphic to that scrolling or flex banner.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:26:17 PM by vju88 »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 04:43:37 PM »
You can just include in HTML with relative or absolute path or you can use resource library to add and link images.
In first case you will need to upload (FTP) images to your site and use that path.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help