Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Display wholesale price  (Read 7375 times)

Offline jesus_automatic

• View Profile
Display wholesale price
« on: July 22, 2013, 07:38:52 AM »
I have set up discounts for wholesale customer group. But the discounted price only shows on the shopping cart total page. How can I get all products to display the discounted price when the customer is logged in as a wholesale customer. ie, so they can see the price they will pay?

I am using 1.1.6, default template.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Display wholesale price
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 08:30:53 AM »
This is currently not available in default abantecart.  You will need to edit product controller and template to display this information.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:39:37 PM by abantecart »
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline jesus_automatic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 05:39:25 PM »
Is there an extension that will allow this? If not which files would I have to edit?

Offline jesus_automatic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 08:15:36 AM »
I am still working on this issue. Trying to get a proper programmer to to help find and edit the appropriate files.

I feel sure someone must have done this before. Can anyone out there give me any tips or advice on what I am trying to do.
Thanks

Offline macat

• View Profile
    • Sites Made With Love - Free Animal Rescue Websites
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 10:49:47 PM »
Is there a way to do this in when using the responsive template?  I too need this feature ... using version 1.1.6 with the new responsive template.
happiness is being owned by cats ... pups Emma & angel Lolli(pop)
https://creativePaw.org - creativePaw Creations
https://makemycontest.com - Contest Platform

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 11:46:10 PM »
Just a thought..I have 2 different types of items. I have a gift catalog with gift products and I also have oil paintings that I do. I wanted to keep them seperate, so I have a web page that is my main page (I make that with Web Easy). it contains 2 sides, one for gift catalog (this goes to my AbanteCart cart setup), one for my paintings(re-directs to my webeasy site). The customer chooses what to look at. I am thinking you could do the same sort of thing, only have 2 AbanteCart cart "stores" set up, one for regular customers , one for wholesalers. On your main page, have a link specifically for regular customers, and another link that says something like "Wholesalers click here". Each link would redirect to the correctly priced store. I believe you can clone your store for the 2nd one and only have to change the prices on your products in the 2nd store to the wholesale prices. Just a thought.
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

Offline macat

• View Profile
    • Sites Made With Love - Free Animal Rescue Websites
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 12:34:21 AM »
Wow that would certainly make it easy, where do I go to clone my store, I haven't seen that anywhere in admin?

Just a thought..I have 2 different types of items. I have a gift catalog with gift products and I also have oil paintings that I do. I wanted to keep them seperate, so I have a web page that is my main page (I make that with Web Easy). it contains 2 sides, one for gift catalog (this goes to my AbanteCart cart setup), one for my paintings(re-directs to my webeasy site). The customer chooses what to look at. I am thinking you could do the same sort of thing, only have 2 AbanteCart cart "stores" set up, one for regular customers , one for wholesalers. On your main page, have a link specifically for regular customers, and another link that says something like "Wholesalers click here". Each link would redirect to the correctly priced store. I believe you can clone your store for the 2nd one and only have to change the prices on your products in the 2nd store to the wholesale prices. Just a thought.
happiness is being owned by cats ... pups Emma & angel Lolli(pop)
https://creativePaw.org - creativePaw Creations
https://makemycontest.com - Contest Platform

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 10:39:06 AM »
I am wondering if maybe you could posiibly make a copy of your files through your Cpanel and use that after setting up 2nd store. Like I said, just a thought. Hopefully the guys here at abantecart will have a suggestion on how it might be done.
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

Offline jesus_automatic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 01:22:45 AM »
Thanks for the Ideas. Just cloning the whole store Is a nice simple solution. The only problems I see are firstly stock control, and secondly maintenance and updating product information. Both could be easily solved, by each site accessing the same  data, but its beyond my ability to set that up. And If I have to pay someone to edit code then I may as well get it done properly. I need a solution to this pronto, so I'll let you know how it goes.