Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: coupon removes sales tax  (Read 5411 times)

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
coupon removes sales tax
« on: July 29, 2013, 07:27:27 PM »
I was testing the coupon feature. I made a coupon for 17.00. I put in my own address which is state of Illinois. It showed the correct sales tax for my $16.00 product and total should have been 17.20 after tax. I applied coupon and it no longer shows the sales tax. It should have shown $16.00 plus sales tax $1.20 minus coupon for $17.00 total of $.20 still owed.
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

Offline stormccw

• View Profile
Re: coupon removes sales tax
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 11:24:31 AM »
I'm also having that same problem

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 08:49:47 AM »
Is this really a problem?

Based on my test on same conditions in 1.1.6. I have 0 total after coupon is applied

Reason for this,  your discount amount is higher than product price. Tax is only calculated based on subtotal amount AFTER all discounts and before shipping (unless it is set to apply tax on shipping).

In other words, if you reduce amount of your product price, tax is applied only on the remainder portion of the product price.  In your case, price of product is 0, so there is no tax.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:52:02 AM by abantecart »
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 10:04:45 AM »
I had not thought of it that way. Thanks so much for the clarification, you are absolutely correct.
Still waiting for answers on two other posts (one about global attribute for file upload and the other about my products aligning to the left) to get my site back to the way it should be after the upgrade, but you guys are the best. I have recommended you to two other businesses in my area.
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann