Author Topic: Language Definitions bug  (Read 6406 times)

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
Language Definitions bug
« on: August 11, 2013, 04:16:56 AM »
I try to create a new text at backend admin and want to use this new created text to apply to the HTML5 product details page to change the

<span class="productinfoleft"><?php echo $text_availability; ?></span> <?php echo $text_preorder; ?>

The following is the text which I create at backend.

Section : storefront
Block : product_product
key : text_preorder.
value : This is preorder product.

First of all, it couldn't let me save the section to "storefront", it always save it as "admin".
After that I clicked the mouse to view the content in other language, the section still showed "admin".
Then I clicked the mouse again and change to language back to English. The value become empty.
I needed to input the value to the field again. (But for other languages, the value was not cleared.).
In fact, this bug is both occurred in abantecart v1.1.5 and v1.1.6.

Besides, even I tried to modify the existent text. It has the same bug.
I have tired the abantecart online demo. It also contains this bug.

I don't report it in the past. Hope abantecart team can fix it as soon as possible.
Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:25:56 AM by smallfish »

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: Language Definitions bug
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 07:33:27 AM »
i think it's a bug of UI. You cannot to change section of definitions after creating of language definition.
Delete and recreate it for storefront section.
we'll consider this misunderstanding.
Thank you.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 04:41:06 PM »
i think it's a bug of UI. You cannot to change section of definitions after creating of language definition.
Delete and recreate it for storefront section.
we'll consider this misunderstanding.
Thank you.

You can test it by create a new text and set it to Storefront. But it can't be save. The system will force it to save as "admin".
Besides, when change to other language and then back to the original language, the value of the default language will be cleared.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 05:28:36 AM »
You can test it by create a new text and set it to Storefront. But it can't be save. The system will force it to save as "admin".
Besides, when change to other language and then back to the original language, the value of the default language will be cleared.

hmm..i created language definitions for storefront without any problems. Are you sure that you do not have duplicates?

Also... what is settings for language do you have? i mean system->settings->details: Autotranslate Status, Source language for translation, Text Translation Method
― Charles Dickens

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 01:09:05 AM »

hmm..i created language definitions for storefront without any problems. Are you sure that you do not have duplicates?

Also... what is settings for language do you have? i mean system->settings->details: Autotranslate Status, Source language for translation, Text Translation Method

I have tested from abantecart demo again. The value was cleared (in edit mode) when I tried to change the section from "storefront" to "admin or via versa.
The demo can create a new text with "storefront" section. It seems work properly.
But abantecart cart should prompt a warning message if user change the section from admin to storefront or via versa and avoid system to clear the value.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 01:40:54 PM »

I have tested from abantecart demo again. The value was cleared (in edit mode) when I tried to change the section from "storefront" to "admin or via versa.
The demo can create a new text with "storefront" section. It seems work properly.
But abantecart cart should prompt a warning message if user change the section from admin to storefront or via versa and avoid system to clear the value.

i already changed code of this in v1.1.7. Now more clear..
This limitation related to our "auto-translate" logic.
Thanks.
― Charles Dickens