Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Unit Pricing and Google Translate  (Read 5713 times)

Offline NotGoodAtAll

• View Profile
Unit Pricing and Google Translate
« on: August 12, 2013, 11:41:37 AM »
Hello All,

I have been making my way through the many aspects of AbanteCart.  So if I come across as needing some spoon feeding, please spoon feed me.

BTW, this is a great shopping cart with many efficient aspects that other carts don't have.  This is more user friendly (my opinion).

Firstly, i have setup several items in the product segment.  Some items have a dollar value of $ 2.00 and some with $ 3.50, in the shopping cart however (as well as the product setup segment), the system displays unit price (of the $ 3.50) rounded up to $ 4.00.  The extension line is correct but not the unit price in the checkout portion.  I believe I may have overlooked a setting.  Can someone point the way?  I have also setup the shopping cart to display pricing only when a user logs in, I have turn off this segment in system>settings>checkout.  Yet when browsing as guest, I am able to see pricing in the home page of latest products.  What have I overlooked?

Second, I have reviewed the video tutorial on this Google Translate and cannot seem to find it in my AbanteCart.  Do I need to download this segment or require this extension to be installed?  I would like to set up French, Spanish and Italian translation if all possible.  Under the Text translation Method segment, I'm showing (only this) Copy source language text on the down-arrow click.  Please shed some light on this!

Thanking you all in advance!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:52:09 AM by NotGoodAtAll »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Unit Pricing and Google Translate
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 05:59:48 PM »
Please clarify how you get to numbers you listed. URL?

For additional languages, you can install extensions
See here http://www.abantecart.com/abantecart-extension-categories/72-languages
Or check extensions store.

For automatic google translation, you need to get Google Translate API 2 extension in extension store.
This Google Service and extension are not free but it is great value if you run multilingual store.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 06:00:16 PM »
FYI. Please try to limit to 1 issue/question per post.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Ollie

• View Profile
    • Assistech
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 09:28:53 PM »
An alternative to Google API2 is explained in this post: http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,2850.msg12292.html#msg12292
Assistive technologies for people with special needs:
https://assistech.com/store/