Author Topic: Free Shipping  (Read 6794 times)

Offline psopa

• View Profile
Free Shipping
« on: August 15, 2013, 06:03:50 AM »
Hi
i have some products that i want to have free shipping, but other i want weight based shipping.
The problem is that the customer is always shown both shipping methods, no matter the products... So, for example, a product that is supposed to be weight based shipping, has also a free shipping options, which doesn't make sense...
if i disable the free shipping method, then the products that should be free, have an error on checkout saying that there were no shipping methods (although free shipping in enabled in product details)...
any suggestion?
thanks

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Free Shipping
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 08:41:40 AM »
Make sure you have free shipping disabled on product level.

To be able to give you more suggestion I need see your set up. If you PM your admin access I will check.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline psopa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 09:45:37 AM »
but if i disable freeshipping at product level, how can i have the item free shipped?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 10:18:56 AM »
I am confused. You can not have same item free shipped and paid shipped at the same time. This is not making sense to me.

You set 1 or another.

Please clarify if I did not understood it right.
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline psopa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 07:28:12 PM »
suppose i have product X that i want to ship on a weight basis (i can do that). Also, i want product Y ship free (and set up free shipping in product details).
I have set to "on" the two mentioned shipping extensions (weight and free). What's happening now is that if i order product X, it shows the two shipping options and the customer gets to choose the free shipping (which i don't want).
On the other hand, if i turn free ship extension off, if i try to order product Y, i get an error saying that there are no shipping methods defined.
am i being clear?
thanks a lot!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 09:38:58 AM »
I set this up and I see what you struggle with.
The issue here is that shipping methods are independent of each other.

I have solution for you.

Short term:
- Set free products with weight of 0
-add first entry to weight based shipping configuration as 0:0
What this does is making your product free shipping if weight is 0
Do not use free shipping extension.

Longer term:
1. We have to make all shipping methods respect free shipping setting in the product.
2. If At least one product in the cart has paid shipping, free shipping should NOT be shown.

Offline psopa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 12:10:47 PM »
thanks a lot for the tip.
hope to see updates soon!  ;)

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 01:21:44 PM »
Hi
i have some products that i want to have free shipping, but other i want weight based shipping.
The problem is that the customer is always shown both shipping methods, no matter the products... So, for example, a product that is supposed to be weight based shipping, has also a free shipping options, which doesn't make sense...
if i disable the free shipping method, then the products that should be free, have an error on checkout saying that there were no shipping methods (although free shipping in enabled in product details)...
any suggestion?
thanks

i guess you forgot to set rates for weight based shipping extension. If rates are empty extension will excluded from list on storefront side.
just checked your case. all works well.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Beefaloaf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 07:20:31 PM »
Longer term:
1. We have to make all shipping methods respect free shipping setting in the product.
2. If At least one product in the cart has paid shipping, free shipping should NOT be shown.

Sorry for posting on an old thread, but I have this same problem.  Most of my products are free shipping.  One product is NOT.   The "future solution" that abantecart had posted is the key answer.  I'm just curious if it has been implemented since?  I'm running 1.0.9, and marking items as "Free Shipping" on the product level yield a "No shipping options" during checkout.

Beef

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 08:46:19 AM »
Sorry for posting on an old thread, but I have this same problem.  Most of my products are free shipping.  One product is NOT.   The "future solution" that abantecart had posted is the key answer.  I'm just curious if it has been implemented since?  I'm running 1.0.9, and marking items as "Free Shipping" on the product level yield a "No shipping options" during checkout.

Beef

Please check you shipping methods settings and make sure that your not free shipping  product 'One product is NOT' have 'require shipping'   setting On