Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Setting up multiple stores  (Read 16233 times)

TopWebNames

Setting up multiple stores
« on: August 19, 2013, 01:13:46 AM »
I need to set up several stores, all selling t-shirts that I make, with each store selling shirts with a different specific subject/theme. I'm currently selling one specific subject/theme, so I want to set up that store first. Let's call it "Store B".  When I start offering other subjects, I want to then set up a store for general subjects to be the master store for managing all of my stores. Let's call it "Store A".  Do I need to set up Store A as the master store first, then set up Store B through Store A's admin panel, or can I set up Store B first, by itself; then when I set up Store A later, "attach" Store B to Store A?

Thank you

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Setting up multiple stores
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 08:54:47 AM »
You can set up multiple storefronts with AbanteCart. For this, you will need to set up multiple domains/sub-domains  as entry points to these stores

Store A -> Main Store with DomainA.com
Store B -> Store B with DomainB.com
Store C -> Store  C with DomainC.com

You can have different templates on all stores and have main store set up with specific HTML block on the main page. In this block you can put URLs to your other stores.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

TopWebNames

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 12:12:46 PM »
I need to set up several stores, all selling t-shirts that I make, with each store selling shirts with a different specific subject/theme. I'm currently selling one specific subject/theme, so I want to set up that store first. Let's call it "Store B".  When I start offering other subjects, I want to then set up a store for general subjects to be the master store for managing all of my stores. Let's call it "Store A".  Do I need to set up Store A as the master store first, then set up Store B through Store A's admin panel, or can I set up Store B first, by itself; then when I set up Store A later, "attach" Store B to Store A?

Thank you

Thanks for your reply, but you didn't answer my specific question. Please re-read it and let me know which way I need to do it.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 12:25:58 PM »
The fact that I did not answer your question indicates, I was not clear with the question. You do not need to re-post same question.

What is subject and general subject? If you refer to products, you can assign them to any store at any point of time.
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

TopWebNames

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 12:34:02 PM »
The fact that I did not answer your question indicates, I was not clear with the question. You do not need to re-post same question.

What is subject and general subject? If you refer to products, you can assign them to any store at any point of time.

My question looks very clear to me.  Please read it again:  Do I need to set up Store A as the master store first, then set up Store B through Store A's admin panel, or can I set up Store B first, by itself; then when I set up Store A later, "attach" Store B to Store A?

Thank you

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 01:09:47 PM »
I guess this is what confuses me.  You need to have default store (store_id = 0) all the time, but does not mean you need to have it set up or be public. Do not provide URL to main store publicly (or configure with fake URL).
In addition you can set main (default) store to maintenance mode or set .htaccess redirect to Store B.

You can start with Store B and never worry about main store.

This just does not make sense to me. 

TopWebNames

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 01:18:53 PM »
I guess this is what confuses me.  You need to have default store (store_id = 0) all the time, but does not mean you need to have it set up or be public. Do not provide URL to main store publicly (or configure with fake URL).
In addition you can set main (default) store to maintenance mode or set .htaccess redirect to Store B.

You can start with Store B and never worry about main store.

This just does not make sense to me.

It makes complete sense to me, and I'm VERY good with English. I've been a photo journalist most of my life... so good that I was hired as the staff associate editor of a very popular automotive magazine very early in my career when I was only 22.

Don't feel badly or apologize if English is not your native language and some things don't make sense to you. It's a VERY difficult language! Even MOST people that it is their native language, aren't very good with it :)

Even so... your reply answered my question... so Thank You :)

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 08:43:38 PM »
I am sorry, then I said, it did not make sense, I meant regarding what you try to do. I did not refer to your English  writing skills.   :)

TopWebNames

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 10:21:14 PM »
I am sorry, then I said, it did not make sense, I meant regarding what you try to do. I did not refer to your English  writing skills.   :)

Ha, ha, ha... No problem at all.  I was referring to YOUR English comprehension skills :)

The main thing is that you ended up helping me know what to do.

Thank you!

Offline derek1962

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 05:32:32 PM »
Hello all, I am thinking of moving 3 domain names i have to abantecart but i am very confused with the multistore set up, I tried it with a test site the default store was ok but when i put in my other domain NOT subdomain it just points to the default store.
I am not very experienced with this computer language and all i have read or attempted to do had ended in failure, Does anyone know how to set up another store with a proper www domain and how to configure it to point to the correct store and more importantly is there anyone out there who can explain it in very simple terms.
Thanks so much anyone
Derek

TopWebNames

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 02:22:10 AM »
Hello all, I am thinking of moving 3 domain names i have to abantecart but i am very confused with the multistore set up, I tried it with a test site the default store was ok but when i put in my other domain NOT subdomain it just points to the default store.
I am not very experienced with this computer language and all i have read or attempted to do had ended in failure, Does anyone know how to set up another store with a proper www domain and how to configure it to point to the correct store and more importantly is there anyone out there who can explain it in very simple terms.
Thanks so much anyone
Derek

I would also VERY MUCH like to have/read complete, step-by-step, detailed instructions for how to set up additional stores that are all managed by the main store.  Is there a tutorial or video about how to do it?

Thank you!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 04:42:41 AM »
Hello. Please note: you should set up two or more domains in your hosting service control panel. This is very important to make sure that the second domain is routed to the correct folder. Search with google how to use Your Cpanel
see AbanteCart related short manual

TopWebNames

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 05:48:57 AM »
Hello. Please note: you should set up two or more domains in your hosting service control panel. This is very important to make sure that the second domain is routed to the correct folder. Search with google how to use Your Cpanel
see AbanteCart related short manual

Thank you, but the "Multistore set up" section in the Documentation is VERY incomplete. It should tell us all about how this works, such as, and VERY importantly:

1 - Do we need to first install AbanteCart on/in the additional Addon folders in our hosting account?

2 - Or, does our first/main domain name store set everything up on/in the second store domain name folder?

3 - Or, is nothing other than a pointer/redirection exist on/in the second domain name store, and everything happens within the main store application?

4 - Or... something else?

Offline derek1962

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 12:44:15 PM »
Yes i agree, just saying point a domain to a folder is not a great explanation for dummies like me, i had my other domain with the same hosting provider and my name servers pointing at there address but it still did not work i am sure there is someone out there who can explain it in very simple terms.
Look forward to any replies.
Thanks
Derek

TopWebNames

How do I delete a second store?
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 04:14:22 AM »
How do I delete a second store that I just added?