Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Setting up multiple stores  (Read 16234 times)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up multiple stores
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 04:31:37 AM »
Yes i agree, just saying point a domain to a folder is not a great explanation for dummies like me, i had my other domain with the same hosting provider and my name servers pointing at there address but it still did not work i am sure there is someone out there who can explain it in very simple terms.
Look forward to any replies.
Hello. You should wait up to 24 hours for domain/Subdomain DNS changes propagation. You also may need to clear your browser cache and DNS cache on your local computer.

We can not  guide You because a lot of different hosting providers. Some one use shared hosting / someone linux or Windows etc. Please contact your hosting provider to make sure your domain pointed to right place.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 04:36:04 AM »
Thank you, but the "Multistore set up" section in the Documentation is VERY incomplete. It should tell us all about how this works, such as, and VERY importantly:

1 - Do we need to first install AbanteCart on/in the additional Addon folders in our hosting account?

2 - Or, does our first/main domain name store set everything up on/in the second store domain name folder?

3 - Or, is nothing other than a pointer/redirection exist on/in the second domain name store, and everything happens within the main store application?

4 - Or... something else?

Thanks You. We will update manual soon with more detailed info.
You dont need additional folder for second store. 1 cart installation and 1 admin front to administrate several stores.
If you create a subdomain make sure to link the subdomain to the path where the default store was installed to.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 04:44:01 AM by Basara »

TopWebNames

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 05:03:40 AM »
Thanks You. We will update manual soon with more detailed info.

Thank you. Most of the documentation is excellent, so I'm looking forward to the updated information about adding and managing Multiple Stores.

TopWebNames

Re: How do I delete a second store?
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 07:09:14 PM »
How do I delete a second store that I just added?

Hello... I need to know how to delete the second store that I added.  How do I do this?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How do I delete a second store?
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 02:31:32 AM »
Hello... I need to know how to delete the second store that I added.  How do I do this?

Hello. For AbanteCart 1.1.7+ http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,1146.msg4478.html#msg4478