Author Topic: AddThis Extension causing HTTP ERROR 500 with AbanteCart v1.2.9  (Read 2982 times)

Offline promailer

• View Profile
Hello, dear support. From few days I'm having problems with this extension. For some reason it's making some parts of my website to NOT work. Like let's say user login or logout.  Whenever I click on the login button i end with a blank page and this error(please see the attachment) . The error in the error_log file is this:

[13-Mar-2017 09:49:02 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getProduct() on a non-object in /home/virtu755/public_html/extensions/addthis/core/addthis.php on line 59

And when I go on line 59 I find this peace of code:

$product_info = $that->model_catalog_product->getProduct($product_id);

Now I have disabled AddThis Extension and everything is working fine. Can you guys assist me resolve this issue? Thank you.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: AddThis Extension causing HTTP ERROR 500 with AbanteCart v1.2.9
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 12:07:13 PM »
Promailer -  there are several very important points I want to make here -  please take time to read

First -  Marketplace extensions are provided by THIRD-PARTY developers,  if you have any issues with any extension obtained from the MarketPlace you should contact the developer of that extension first for assistance.

Secondly - you should check within the MarketPlace extensions to be sure you have installed the version that is developed for your AbanteCart extension.   Extensions have updates to match up with the core version of the cart.

Thirdly -  in regards to this extension  we are the developer of Addthis and as such we have provided many ways to contact us for support.  There is a link within the extension,  on the MarketPlace support tab,  and in the footer of the manual for every one of our extensions.

My recommendations are:
1.  verify you have the latest version 1.2.7.9  installed on your cart. You can find it within your MarketPlace account.
2.  If you have the version installed,  then open a support ticket with us and tells us what version of AbanteCart you are running AND what other third-party extensions you have installed.   

Our extensions are developed and tested to work with unmodified default AbanteCart installations.  We also insure that all of our extensions work with each other without conflict.

File Modifications: If you require support and have modified any files or have other extensions (non-WHY2), please tell us about these, we will do our best to solve your issues to use our extensions or instruct you in the necessary changes that need to be made.  But our responsibility is limited to best effort.

The Support Team
We Hear You 2, Inc.