Author Topic: Unable to create options under version 1.3.3  (Read 3547 times)

Offline AromeCity

• View Profile
Unable to create options under version 1.3.3
« on: January 22, 2023, 04:53:56 PM »
Not sure if this is version 1.3.3 related bug "or" am I doing something wrong?

Under a new product when I am trying to create "Options Values", it allows you to add options values field but I am unable to save them.

The save button goes dark gray and not savings the newly created options. Also the cursor turns into a red circle with strike through it. I do not have any global attributes enabled. I have cleared the cache but its still not saving any new options.

Before Upgrading to version 1.3.3 I did not have such issues. You can see option choices available for products previously added with options value at the link below. If I go back to old products where options were added previously, I can not add a new option value either.

aromecity.com/shop/hvac-scenting/arome-city-rome

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here or its a bug?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 01:26:03 AM by AromeCity »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to create options under version 1.3.2
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 01:05:22 AM »
Hello.

Please upgrade to te latest version 1.3.3 and clear your browser cache. After if the issue is still there check the errors in the browser console and AbanteCart error log.

Offline AromeCity

• View Profile
Re: Unable to create options under version 1.3.3
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 01:26:58 AM »
Hi,

Actually I am on version 1.3.3 It was typo in my original post.

Any other suggestions?

This is the error I am getting in Console

« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 04:33:37 AM by AromeCity »

Offline AromeCity

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 09:39:14 PM »
Can anyone help?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 02:01:26 AM »
Hello.

Did you install recently extensions to modify something in admin or maybe change some code manually?

Offline AromeCity

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2023, 03:35:40 AM »
No code manual modification has been done other than extensions installed from market place.

1. Installed Gift Certificates for v 1.3.1+ as per developer its supported by 1.3.3

2. Installed mercato_theme - Only modification that was done to reduce the size of the store logo.

3. mailboxvalidator

4. page_builder

5. Returns Management Administration - According to developer will not support 1.3.3 so it has been removed.

6. Smartarget Corner Ribbon

7. Smartsupp Live Chat

Rest of the extensions are default extensions.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023, 11:02:31 AM »
Did you tried to disable all 3dparty extensions?
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline AromeCity

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023, 03:27:15 PM »
I have..

I tried the following, setup a new cart (1.3.2) and tried to import the data into it from the old cart (1.3.3) where the product feature is not working using csv file format to narrow down any issues.

What does this SQL error means (see below). Its coming up during import of products.csv file. This error repeated 44 times during import.

I disabled Mercato theme and tried default theme, but looks like his theme has screwed up the code somehow. Even if you disable it, I still can not add options to any products. His theme is also creating another error at the store front (Please check my communication with him at the market place). At store front /aromecity.com/shop I am also seeing this error (This product has a limit set to %s item(s) per order)

Do any of the AbanteCart cart main developer check extensions before they get published into the market place? if not, we better implement some mechanism. Also look at my suggestions for release 2.0 I provided in a seperate thread to @Basara

Please note as I said before, the products where I created options before still appear, but even if you go back to old products where you previously created the options, you still can't add any new ones.

I think Mercato theme has screwed up something. The developer is horrible in providing any support. Feels like I wasted $80 dollars over a theme. He doesn't respond for days and provides very short answers and no documentation is available. How do I get my money back?
--------------------------------------------------------------
2023-01-28 20:24:59 - update data error in resource_descriptions. SQL Error: Unknown column 'price_prefix' in 'field list'
Error No: 1054
SQL: INSERT INTO `ab_product_specials` SET `product_special_id` = '1', `product_id` = '12', `customer_group_id` = '1', `priority` = '1', `price_prefix` = '$', `price` = '35.0000', `date_start` = '2023-01-22', `date_end` = '2023-12-31', `date_added` = '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `date_modified` = '2023-01-23 10:13:29'

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also getting this error message when importing "resource_types.csv

2023-01-28 20:41:19 - update data error in resource_descriptions. SQL Error: Duplicate entry '100154-products-8' for key 'PRIMARY'
Error No: 1062
SQL: INSERT INTO `ab_resource_map` SET `resource_id` = '100154', `object_name` = 'products', `object_id` = '8', `default` = '0', `sort_order` = '1', `date_added` = '2023-01-21 01:32:58', `date_modified` = '2023-01-21 01:32:58'
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 04:18:38 PM by AromeCity »

Offline badmouse

• View Profile
    • Bad Mouse Designs
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2023, 03:52:40 PM »
I recently just updated to 1.3.3 per mods on here to fix bug issues, and now I too cannot create any options or edit options for products.  HELP.  it was fine under 1.3.2, but now doesn't work under 1.3.3 

Offline badmouse

• View Profile
    • Bad Mouse Designs
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2023, 08:05:27 PM »
So I sorta figured it out based on other people and talking it out with some computer nerd friends of mine... What I ended up having to do was go into my cpanel, and install a 2nd version of Abantecart 1.3.3 into a different directory.  Then I went into that directory via FTP, and downloaded the extension files that I use.  I then went into the original Abantecart directory and uploaded those extensions to the extension directory.   Followed by re-clearing my cache on my browser just for good measure (had already done that to no avail earlier), and then going back in and updating the extensions so they worked properly again. 

Then suddenly all the "options" were saving again.  I don't know which extension it was that was the problem, but I'm back in business again and able to add options again.   

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2023, 03:10:05 AM »
thank you badmouse for post