Author Topic: Taxes stopped applying after localization changes  (Read 1780 times)

Offline neville_bni

• View Profile
Taxes stopped applying after localization changes
« on: March 06, 2023, 04:18:59 PM »
Using AbanteCart 1.3.3

I had setup localizations incorrectly in the past, and was cleaning things up after noticing some customers were not being charged tax. I deleted three unused localizations and made sure that all current customers are showing in the one remaining localization that I have kept.

Since making this change, the taxes no longer appear or calculate properly. If I turn on "Show prices incl. taxes" the correct amount shows on the products pages, but does not get calculated when those items are added to the cart. The Cart menu does not show the tax line at all (not even zeroed). The old orders show "Retail 5%" as the tax, even though I have not entered that description anywhere. My tax name is "GST 5%" and that is what was being shown in the order sub-totals, etc.

I have added a brand new test customer and no change.

I have added a second tax with the same details as the previous one (5% on the whole order) with a slightly different name, and it does not apply either. I have also added and removed Zones, taxes, turned settings on/off in case something was stuck, but no change.

Any help would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 04:21:53 PM by neville_bni »

Offline neville_bni

• View Profile
Re: Taxes stopped applying after localization changes [SOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 06:35:30 PM »
SOLVED.

Not sure what it was but it started working again after checking and rechecking all the settings. :-)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Taxes stopped applying after localization changes [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 01:21:07 AM »
SOLVED.

Not sure what it was but it started working again after checking and rechecking all the settings. :-)

Hello. This can be AbanteCart cache related. Also, you need to start a new customer session to check new location-related settings.