Author Topic: Shipping per product  (Read 1666 times)

Offline vsdoug

• View Profile
Shipping per product
« on: March 08, 2024, 08:25:32 PM »
AC already has a shipping per payment method, would it be too hard to add a select box in the product page allowing to select certain shipping methods only for each product? This is the only feature that is stopping me from considering AC for our store.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping per product
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 07:05:23 AM »
Hello.
We appreciate your feedback and we will consider adding this feature in the future.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024, 07:02:16 PM »
As I 10+ year user of AbanteCart and supporting a large number of clients on the platform,   I would suggest core devs think long and hard about adding ANOTHER level of selection on a product page -   it will make it more difficult for all users and a bit a a problem if one shipper is not available -  eg,  Product with UPS ground forced to the Product,  but UPS does not service the destination,  what are the alternatives for the customer to select from??    eg 2,  with other shippers in other countries you are seriously complicating the whole shipping process.   As you know core devs.  WHY2 has extensions for enhanced FedEx, UPS, USPS, AusPost,  CanPost,  etc.  So we speak from years of experience with many shippers in different part of the world and with many AbanteCart users that we support.

I have clients that use FedEx, UPS, USPS, FedEx Freight and large commercial truck lines (RLTL,  Yellow ,etc  and they have no issue getting the order shipped in the best way by using those settings. In addition there is individual shipping by product for what ever reason it needs to be ,  size, wt,  fragility??

At the current time there are many ways to control what size of product  can be shipped using a shipper by invoking the thresholds in each shipping service.

vsdoug,  please do a little more testing with the various settings that can be enabled already to control which shipper based on some parameter.

Or post back some of the different wt and sizes of a few products that you need to control the shipping that is offered.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2024, 01:32:09 AM »
I have clients that use FedEx, UPS, USPS, FedEx Freight and large commercial truck lines (RLTL,  Yellow ,etc  and they have no issue getting the order shipped in the best way by using those settings. In addition there is individual shipping by product for what ever reason it needs to be ,  size, wt,  fragility??

Thank you, llegrand