eCommerce construction > How-to questions

I hate to ask about setting up taxes...but I am

(1/2) > >>

ibpf:
Hello. I'm a newbie.  First time poster. 

I need to set up my taxes so I only charge sales tax on one state.  But the instructions aren't proving to be very helpful.

Do I create a location for this state, then a Tax Class for this state?

OR

Do i choose Location=USA, unselect "all location zones" and pick my state from the from the drop-down? 

FWIW, when I test, I don't see sales tax calculating and/or showing up in the checkout experience.

Thank you for your help!!

Basara:
Hello.
Create one Location USA and add all states to it (Location zones).
Then go to your Tax class and add rate only to one Location Zone (when you're adding a new Rate select USA location and uncheck the "all location zones" to enable selection of only one Zone/State). Configure the rate accordingly and save your changes.

For testing purposes, ensure you clear the AbanteCart cache. Then proceed to initiate checkout using a customer address that corresponds to the state you've set the rate for.

ibpf:
Thank you, Basara!

ibpf:
Cleared cache.  Logged out.  Cleared browser history.  Logged back in.  Added appropriate zip code and clicked [Estimate] shipping and taxes...  A section below flashed and disappeared without updating taxes.

Is there a step I may be missing?

Basara:
Hello.
Did you assign Tax class to the products in the cart? Could you please check if there are any errors recorded in the error log?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version