Author Topic: PayPal Express Extension doesn't work with Checkout Links  (Read 14102 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
PayPal Express Extension doesn't work with Checkout Links
« on: September 21, 2013, 06:08:01 PM »
I am running 1.1.6 version,  with the html5 template.

I have installed the PayPal Express checkout extension from the extension store via my admin panel.   I have enabled the api and tested the link.  All that is okay.

Here's the problem - the buttons that say Checkout end up at a failure notice
PayPal Express Checkout Error
Error has occured during request. Please try again later.

This is the result on every location -
   checkout from the drop down in under the header
   Checkout link within the header
   even the checkout link on the cart page

IF I use the Checkout with PayPal button  or the Check out with BillMeLater as shown on the /index.php?rt=checkout/cart page it works correctly.

My questions are:

Who do we contact about extensions in the extension store that don't work?

And what do I need to do to get the checkout links go to the correct link?

It looks like the links for checkout icon go to /index.php?rt=checkout/shipping

and the link that works correctly goes to index.php?rt=extension/paypal_express_checkout/set_pp

Thanks for your help in this manner -

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: PayPal Express Extension doesn't work with Checkout Links
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 11:57:55 AM »
My questions are:

Who do we contact about extensions in the extension store that don't work?

Free extensions are AbanteCart extensions and we will help. You can post on this forum. All commercial/paid extensions are supported by AlgoZone who is our partner.

Checking issue you reported.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 12:21:58 PM »
I have tried your steps and can not get this error. I guess there is something specific in your setup.
I will need access to your site. Can you please PM access to your admin?
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 01:29:26 PM »
We have fixed this bug.

Please download attached file and replace file in extensions/paypal_express_checkout/storefront/controller/responses/extension/

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 02:25:46 PM »
I have downloaded and installed the new file in the correct location - still seems to be an issue

If I choose any of the paths to get to the checkout - it takes me thru what seems correct -
header cart goes here:
    /store/index.php?rt=checkout/cart

header checkout goes here:
/store/index.php?rt=account/login&token=17b2072130b5125654a37fa8d15798d8

It then works thru the appropriate guest or login etc.  Ending on the confirmation page

But once you get to the confirmation page,   it goes to a blank page here:

store/index.php?rt=r/extension/paypal_express_checkout/confirm&token=17b2072130b5125654a37fa8d15798d8

I have tried refreshing the extension info  in the extensions, but it had no change.

Please supply more guidance in any necessary steps required to enable new extension file rather simply replacing the file in the correct location.

This is a test account only,  so feel free to test an order, etc.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 02:27:57 PM by llegrand »

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 05:07:41 PM »
hello.
i need to know some of conditions to replicate this bug.
1. what's mode of checkout process do you use, registered user or guest?
2. What pages have pp-express-checkout error links? i need to know rt.
3. what is in your error log file about this errors?
4. Did you tested paypal credentials on extension's settings page? i mean "test" button.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 05:41:49 PM »
Yes,  the first issue stated that the PayPal Express was successfully installed and tested.  It has been tested again after this new file was uploaded.  Test reports success.

I don't know where the error logs reside.

I have PMd you additional site info so you can see first hand, what I am encountering.

thanks for the help

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 06:16:38 PM »
you can find error log in Admin->menu->logs or just text file inside system/logs directory
― Charles Dickens

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 06:32:54 PM »
Thanks for the location -  here's the log info from when I first reported the issue -  I believe the ones on 9/22  are prior or during the bug fix.

The ones dated 9/23 are from today after the bug fix file was uploaded.

2013-09-22 2:40:13 - database error:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT *
               FROM ant_messages
               WHERE id = 'global-search'
               AND language_code = '*'
               ORDER BY viewed_date ASC in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/database/mysql.php</b> on line <b>109</b>
2013-09-22 2:40:13 - database error:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT DISTINCT
                    e.extension_id,
                      e.type,
                      e.key,
                      e.category,
                      e.priority,
                      e.version,
                      e.license_key,
                      e.date_installed,
                      e.update_date,
                      e.create_date,
                    s.store_id,
                    st.alias as store_name,
                    s.value as status
            FROM extensions e
            LEFT JOIN settings s ON ( TRIM(s.`group`) = TRIM(e.`key`) AND TRIM(s.`key`) = CONCAT(TRIM(e.`key`),'_status') )
            LEFT JOIN stores st ON st.store_id = s.store_id
            WHERE e.`type`  IN ('extensions', 'payment', 'shipping', 'template') in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/database/mysql.php</b> on line <b>109</b>
2013-09-22 2:46:03 - database error:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT DISTINCT
                    e.extension_id,
                      e.type,
                      e.key,
                      e.category,
                      e.priority,
                      e.version,
                      e.license_key,
                      e.date_installed,
                      e.update_date,
                      e.create_date,
                    s.store_id,
                    st.alias as store_name,
                    s.value as status
            FROM extensions e
            LEFT JOIN settings s ON ( TRIM(s.`group`) = TRIM(e.`key`) AND TRIM(s.`key`) = CONCAT(TRIM(e.`key`),'_status') )
            LEFT JOIN stores st ON st.store_id = s.store_id
            WHERE e.`type`  IN ('extensions', 'payment', 'shipping', 'template') in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/database/mysql.php</b> on line <b>109</b>
2013-09-23 17:59:01 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/why2cent/public_html/store/extensions/paypal_express_checkout/storefront/controller/responses/extension/paypal_express_checkout.php:1) in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/engine/controller.php</b> on line <b>201</b>
2013-09-23 18:00:06 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/why2cent/public_html/store/extensions/paypal_express_checkout/storefront/controller/responses/extension/paypal_express_checkout.php:1) in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/engine/controller.php</b> on line <b>201</b>
2013-09-23 18:02:02 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/why2cent/public_html/store/extensions/paypal_express_checkout/storefront/controller/responses/extension/paypal_express_checkout.php:1) in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/engine/controller.php</b> on line <b>201</b>
2013-09-23 18:03:02 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/why2cent/public_html/store/extensions/paypal_express_checkout/storefront/controller/responses/extension/paypal_express_checkout.php:1) in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/engine/controller.php</b> on line <b>201</b>
2013-09-23 18:07:12 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/why2cent/public_html/store/extensions/paypal_express_checkout/storefront/controller/responses/extension/paypal_express_checkout.php:1) in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/engine/controller.php</b> on line <b>201</b>
2013-09-23 18:08:35 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/why2cent/public_html/store/extensions/paypal_express_checkout/storefront/controller/responses/extension/paypal_express_checkout.php:1) in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/engine/controller.php</b> on line <b>201</b>
2013-09-23 18:11:36 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/why2cent/public_html/store/extensions/paypal_express_checkout/storefront/controller/responses/extension/paypal_express_checkout.php:1) in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/engine/controller.php</b> on line <b>201</b>
2013-09-23 19:14:12 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/why2cent/public_html/store/extensions/paypal_express_checkout/storefront/controller/responses/extension/paypal_express_checkout.php:1) in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/engine/controller.php</b> on line <b>201</b>
2013-09-23 19:21:32 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/why2cent/public_html/store/extensions/paypal_express_checkout/storefront/controller/responses/extension/paypal_express_checkout.php:1) in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/engine/controller.php</b> on line <b>201</b>
2013-09-23 20:04:02 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/why2cent/public_html/store/extensions/paypal_express_checkout/storefront/controller/responses/extension/paypal_express_checkout.php:1) in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/engine/controller.php</b> on line <b>201</b>
2013-09-23 21:25:00 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/why2cent/public_html/store/extensions/paypal_express_checkout/storefront/controller/responses/extension/paypal_express_checkout.php:1) in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/engine/controller.php</b> on line <b>201</b>
2013-09-23 22:03:27 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.6 Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/why2cent/public_html/store/extensions/paypal_express_checkout/storefront/controller/responses/extension/paypal_express_checkout.php:1) in <b>/home/why2cent/public_html/store/core/engine/controller.php</b> on line <b>201</b>

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 08:13:51 PM »
hmmm... can you post your php.ini file here?
― Charles Dickens

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 08:17:31 PM »
;Use this file for specific PHP settings on your server required for AbanteCart.

magic_quotes_gpc = Off;
register_globals = Off;
default_charset   = UTF-8;
memory_limit = 64M;
max_execution_time = 18000;
max_upload_filesize = 100M;
safe_mode = Off;
mysql.connect_timeout = 20;
session.use_cookies = On;
session.use_trans_sid = Off;
session.gc_maxlifetime = 12000000;

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »
no.. i need to look on all php-directives. please post file
― Charles Dickens

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 09:01:54 PM »
I don't know what you mean?

Where is that file located? 
FYI  this is on my dedicated server box  -  I can give you direct access,  FTP  or Cpanel  if you would like

this is not a working site,  but a test site to see if this carte can work out.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 05:46:01 AM »
php directive output_buffering had zero value. To enable buffering needs to add row
Code: [Select]
output_buffering = 4096; into php.ini file
― Charles Dickens

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 11:38:41 AM »
Just so everyone knows -  support at abantcart is terrific.

Thanks for tracing this down for me.

I have one question -  there was a bug fix file a couple of days ago -  is the extension in the extension store using that fixed version  or should I continue to upload the "fixed" file?   I intend to start another location from the testing site.

thanks again for great service!
Lee