Author Topic: File import issues  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Nodtveidt

• View Profile
File import issues
« on: October 06, 2013, 10:03:28 AM »
I have two problems at present.

When I am in a Product, I go to Media and click on the big plus sign. Normally, this brings up a form where I can browse for an image. However, that form has suddenly disappeared. In the Resource Library, the area where the "Add Resource File" and "Add Resource HTML" region is supposed to be, inside the product frame, is completely missing. This is very strange.

So, since that was broken, I figured I would try to do it the manual way, by using the Import / Export tool. I go to select a file, but it fills in "C:\fakepath\imagefile.jpg" instead of giving the proper path. I can't manually edit this text to point it to the right place, and even if I create "C:\fakepath" and put the image there, it fails to upload the file, giving me the message "Data is empty or corrupted."

Some details as to how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Offline 4thstar

• View Profile
Re: File import issues
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:52:09 PM »
Hello.
Sorry i hesitated in answering this post as i havent a solution..
A suggestion however, which you may have already tried...
Have you tried a different browser when adding an image to a product?
i noticed that my IE doesnt act the same as my Firefox so i tend to use firefox for uploading images via the browser..

I am new with using this cart.. i too remember seeing fakepath somewhere when i imported a csv database..I may be wrong here but i thought the import feature only worked on csv database files?

Talk soon
Carl

Offline Nodtveidt

• View Profile
Re: File import issues
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 09:01:13 PM »
I just deleted it and started over... I wasn't too far into it anyway, but that's not a good sign. After reinstalling, it came back. And this was all on the same browser session. I'm using google chrome. If it happens again though, I will try in a different browser. Thanks for the suggestion.