Author Topic: cloning  (Read 4098 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
cloning
« on: October 14, 2013, 03:58:15 PM »
When using the cloning feature -  some things do not clone into the copied product.

What can I changed to make 'tags'  one of the items?

Also,  I added the extension for product_features, the tab shows up,  but none of the selections from the original product do.  Is this something that can be remedied.  I realize this is a third-party extension,  but the cart picks up the options associated with product_features,  just not the input.

Thank your for your reply.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: cloning
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 02:52:10 AM »
Also,  I added the extension for product_features, the tab shows up,  but none of the selections from the original product do.  Is this something that can be remedied.  I realize this is a third-party extension,  but the cart picks up the options associated with product_features,  just not the input.

Hello. Product features and product options are different things and works separately. To see Product Features block  you should enable it in the Admin-Design-Layouts for example 'All other pages'. Block will appear if product with features present in listing.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: cloning
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 09:43:39 AM »
Yes,  I do know the product_features and product_options different features.  But I didn't explain my question well enough it looks like.

I am asking about when one is actually using the clone feature with a product reached by
CATALOG  > PRODUCTS then selecting the clone tab at the right end of the product.  The objective of cloning is to copy the original,  but not everything is copied.

Product Tags and the added extension of Product_features.

The original product has entries in these places (I have not tested all areas, only the ones that I am actually using)   But the newly cloned product ignores the PRODUCT TAGS field input  (leaves it empty).   

And any input in the PRODUCT FEATURES is empty.  The Product Features area selection is available on the cloned product so it is enabled, just doesn't "copy" the input over.  The software is reading the feature for all other places, but ignores the feature within the clone function.

I hope I've explain more clearly here.