Author Topic: Google search engine  (Read 5387 times)

Offline aps

• View Profile
Google search engine
« on: October 18, 2013, 03:55:16 PM »
How do I make my product appear when it's typed on Google or any other search engine? Is it something I have to do on my site? I'm new to this. Someone please help.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Google search engine
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 06:39:43 PM »
This is a complex question.  There are lots of ways to get rank -  some are free, some cost money.
When they talk about "organic" search, think free and that it takes a bit longer.

If your domain name is new,  it will take a bit longer.   You need to enable all the good SEO features that Abantecart has.  And place entries in all your Meta Tag Keywords: Meta Tag Description: for every product.

Enabling and using SEO Keyword: feature will help also.

Here's a link to some Google insight. 

http://www.gstatic.com/ads/learn/en/gettingongoogle.pdf

And to get ranking (showing up on the first page) if you have a product that lots of people sell is more difficult.  What I am saying,  if you sell 'candy' and you want to show up on the first page if someone searches for candy,  that will take lots of work and probably buying some adwords, etc.  This can get to be costly.   If you want to rank for 'My candy',  replacing My with your store name,  then it will rank more quickly. 

Getting placement is not easy, quick, or cheap (either takes time or money).  But over a period of time, the search engine spiders will find you and if you have enabled all the area I suggested earlier,  you will begin to show up.

This is a very, very short reply to a very complex process. There are lots of helpful articles on Google about marketing and getting rank.  Just remember that buying adwords can get to be very expensive and not return high results,  so my advice is to get more knowledge about SEO  before spending any money for adwords

Another Abantecart User!

Offline bab

• View Profile
Re: Google search engine
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 06:51:08 PM »
Meta tags are descriptions of your product/store.
Meta tags simple template to go off is:

Mpn - manufactures product number
Color
Style
Age_range
Brand
Gtin - global trade item number
Upc - universal product code
Material - what's it made of
Age_group
Genre
Format - DVD

It's detailed descriptions. But be careful not to enter the same meta tags over and over.

Other ways to get your products found is:

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188493?hl=en

this is about google merchant

https://ecom.yahoo.com/dir/submit/intro/

Yahoo directory

Three main search engine: google, yahoo and bing.
These are simple information on how to get the most out of your products listed noticed. :)

« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 06:56:54 PM by bab »