Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Add quantity option to 'add to cart' button in html5_template  (Read 10648 times)

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
Add quantity option to 'add to cart' button in html5_template
« on: October 24, 2013, 01:53:01 AM »
Many ecommerce sites have a small text box to input a quantity beside the 'add to cart button' rather than having to click multiple times.  Good for if someone wants to by larger quantities of a product (like 10 or 100) as that is a lot of clicks otherwise.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Add quantity option to 'add to cart' button in html5_template
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 02:33:53 PM »
There is a quantity box on product details page. Do you need it on product listing page?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 01:30:58 AM »
Yes, I meant on the product listing page.  Just to make it easier for those who know what they want (they don't have to go to product details page).

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 01:10:50 AM »
Hi, just to add to this I just had a customer call to ask about adding multiple items.  They just wanted to be able to click multiple times to add more product to the cart but with the html5 template once clicked the button says 'added to cart' then if clicked again takes you to the cart (where they can increase quantity).  This behaviour annoyed my customer.
I also notice there is a little x in the corner of the price tag once a product is added a per the above scenario.  clicking on this little x does nothing but if I inspect the element in my browser it shows as <button class="close" data-dismiss="alert" type="button"> which seems to indicate that the button should be 'dismissed' and return to normal??
Anyway, I still think it would be great if in grid view the customer can either have a quantity option or be able to click the button multiple times to add more product to the cart.

Offline Rabi Raj Shrestha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 11:03:34 PM »
Yes, ability to specify quantity at listing page would make it more user friendly. + And - buttons to change quality once added to cart will also be friendly for mobile devices.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 12:12:15 AM »
Please note that the post you are updating was made in 2013.   Here 7 years later there have been many improvements and changes and features added to AbanteCart.  Perhaps you might get more current insight by trying the Demo.  There is a link at the very top of this page. 

Cheers
Lee ( a long-time user of AbanteCart)