eCommerce construction > Installation and Configuration

mutlistore home page won't show

(1/3) > >>

llegrand:
I am running version 1.1.7.   I have used the Create New Store link.   On the admin panel it does show there are two stores,  default and demo. 

Both are subdomains on the same domain:  store.mydomain.net  (default)  and demo.mydomain.net
Categories and Products has the demo store showing in the select box for Stores:

The admin panel when the demo store is selected has the correct link http://demo.mydomain.net/

However,  when I try to use http://demo.mydomain.net/  I do not see a shopping cart.

I am either missing some essential instruction from the documentation on how to hook the demo store to the Master (default) store,  or there is an issue.

Additionally,  there are NO files within the mydomain.net/demo  folder.  Are there suppose to be something within the multistore files?

ALSO:  is there a way for enable a new multi-store to place a check in the categories and products that are in the Master (default) store.  Having to go thru one by one is quite time consuming as it seems to require 2 two-screen function to get to the correct place to click on the store selection.

Thank you for your help.



Basara:

--- Quote from: llegrand on October 24, 2013, 12:52:02 PM ---I am running version 1.1.7.   I have used the Create New Store link.   On the admin panel it does show there are two stores,  default and demo. 

Both are subdomains on the same domain:  store.mydomain.net  (default)  and demo.mydomain.net
Categories and Products has the demo store showing in the select box for Stores:

The admin panel when the demo store is selected has the correct link http://demo.mydomain.net/

However,  when I try to use http://demo.mydomain.net/  I do not see a shopping cart.

--- End quote ---

Hello. Please make sure that the second domain (subdomain) is routed to the correct folder, please read multistore manual




--- Quote from: llegrand on October 24, 2013, 12:52:02 PM ---I am either missing some essential instruction from the documentation on how to hook the demo store to the Master (default) store,  or there is an issue.

--- End quote ---

What do you mean "hook demo to master store?"


--- Quote from: llegrand on October 24, 2013, 12:52:02 PM ---Additionally,  there are NO files within the mydomain.net/demo  folder.  Are there suppose to be something within the multistore files?

--- End quote ---

if You need to create multistore you DON’T NEED to install cart again or anything do with files. Please read doc I think your route subdomain to wrong path

llegrand:
Please give precise instructions on the ' make sure that the second domain (subdomain) is routed to the correct folder,'

The Manual  (which I have read multiple times)  says 'make sure there is no redirection setup for new subdomain/domain'  and there is not any setup.

The input on the new store on Store URL  is shown as http://demo.mydomain.net/

You are saying to make sure to link the subdomain to the path where the default store was installed to
Where is this linking needing to be enabled and what url do I use?


llegrand:
continuing on -  I have pointed the subdomain  demo.mydomain.net   to the default store at store.mydomain.net.

Now when I use the url demo.mydomain.net I get the default store.  This is not the result I want.

Searching the board,  I've only found one other post who had the same issue.  And the answer was to read the documentation.  Which hasn't been enough help for me.

So again I ask - 

Master (default store)  is store.domain.net

subdomain  for mutlistore is demo.domain.net

Create New Store has been run.   

What/where does one set up the second domain routing to correct folder?   What is the correct folder?

With more detailed instructions this could be a very simple process.  Perhaps some fuller examples within the instructions would be useful for all.

Thank you  - I look forward to getting complete instructions on this feature.

abantecart:
Make sure you have correct URL settings for each store with the same domains/sub-domains that you have set up.

The steps are:

1. Set up domains/sub-domains to point to same server abantecart is installed at
2. Set up apache server (web server) to process all above domains to point to the same AbnateCart directory
3. Create and set up each store with above domains.

Hope this helps

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Powered by SMFPacks Social Login Mod