Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Product Name -> Short Description  (Read 4238 times)

Offline JHammond53

• View Profile
Product Name -> Short Description
« on: November 01, 2013, 03:21:51 PM »
On the backend product edit page, there should be a box for a short description under the product name. This short description would show under the product name on the front end of the website.

I am finding a need to enter a short description about the product (just a few words) and would like it seen when browsing products. This short description, in my instance, would be used to show certain options that could be added to that specific package (as of right now options would be unknown without viewing product itself). Without customers knowing about the options available they may move on past certain products they are actually looking for.

This could be a smaller font and/or not all caps.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Product Name -> Short Description
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 07:21:11 PM »
I think you describe product blurb. Currently there is no blurb field in Abantecart 1.1.7. We are planning to add it in the future.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline junkyard

• View Profile
Re: Product Name -> Short Description
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 11:53:26 AM »
+1:  It could be very helpful indeed to the consumers for identifying the right product among the many found in Search
(especially when there are lots of products having similar name and look as in our case, where exact difference can be understood only from reading product description- but only a few do read it  because this is tedious work for the consumers  to open each listed product in separate browser tab and read, read..).
Thank you for considering this feature in the future versions!