Author Topic: Getting translation to French?  (Read 60709 times)

Offline gob33

• View Profile
Re: Getting translation to French?
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 08:50:42 AM »
Exact. I want each country manage its zones in an interval of 1000 positions, in order to keep zones grouped in one ordered sequence and not having addendums/corrections at end in full disorder.

Zones are subject to change for each country, reserved intervals of 1000 in zone_id permit not shifting the rest of the table. This can be done easily with an update SQL script and a trigger on table insertion.

You must understand your actual french zones are absolutely incorrect and make the product unusable for us. I dont know if the same for other countries but i fear. Thats why i propose to reserve 1000 sequential zone_ids per country in table "zone" to the disposition of each translator.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:13:43 AM by gob33 »

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
Thank you for the tip gob33.

Like you said zones can be corrected and inserted into tables with SQL.
I assume you refer to ac_zones and zone_id.

It will be big work to refactor this data and retest. Any help is appreciated.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline gob33

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 11:53:55 AM »
I have posted my soluce in Git. Its all SQL and had been tested ok for me on 1.1.9.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2014, 06:17:29 PM »
Great. I wonder how it can be integrated into french language.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline gob33

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 08:56:41 AM »
It is for all language. At language install, clear all zones relative to the country, then insert good ones in the reserved intervall. Other zones dont move/shift.

Offline gob33

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2016, 05:45:05 PM »
Currently, I have a problem with banner_manager and form_manager extensions, all texts on page stay in English, despite i have uploaded their translated xml language file. These english texts come from the DB and are recorded with the language_id corresponding to "french" !
I dont understand at all.
So, I have some questions:

1) Does language xml files need to be translated for the standart extensions inside AbanteCart (banner_manager, ...)

2) If i add a new language (by uploading xml files) on an AbanteCart running with some of these extensions enabled, does the translation appear automaticaly inside these extensions ?

3) Is there a simple way to know if abante_demo has been installed, in order to also insert demo translations into tables ?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:33:58 AM by gob33 »

Offline gob33

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2016, 12:11:16 PM »
I reply to myself:
XML translations for extensions should be inside your own language extension like:
french_language_extension\code\extensions\french_language\admin\language\french\banner_manager\banner_manager.xml
to be found and loaded in DB by isExtensionLanguageFile().
This makes the directories tree of your language extension rather bizarre.

In fact, I suspect there is something wrong in that case (loading translation of abantecart extensions) between _load_from_xml(), _detect_language_xml_file() and isExtensionLanguageFile().
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:16:15 AM by gob33 »