eCommerce construction > General Discussion

Encryption Data Manager Set-up Help please!

(1/1)

bab:
Abantecart is Epicly Awesome! and easy to use.

I need help setting up my Encryption Data Manager in the extension.
Do I need to enter theses key in my back end panel? or will it be automatically created for me?

define('ENCRYPTION_KEYS_DIR', '/path/to/keys/');
define('DATA_ENCRYPTION_ENABLED', true);

Please let me know how to do this or what folder I should be looking for? Thank you  :)

Basara:

--- Quote from: bab on November 07, 2013, 07:55:57 PM ---Abantecart is Epicly Awesome! and easy to use.

I need help setting up my Encryption Data Manager in the extension.
Do I need to enter theses key in my back end panel? or will it be automatically created for me?

define('ENCRYPTION_KEYS_DIR', '/path/to/keys/');
define('DATA_ENCRYPTION_ENABLED', true);

Please let me know how to do this or what folder I should be looking for? Thank you  :)

--- End quote ---

Hello. According to extension help manual You should add this lines to /system/config.php file. Use FTP software or hosting Cpanel filemanager to locate folder where AbanteCart installed and then ../system/config.php file

Do not forget to backup database and files before Encryption and file modify.

bab:
Thank you for the response.  :) that was very helpful information. Are these keys also linked to :

Encryption Key: Please provide a secret key that will be used to encrypt private information when processing orders.

Or is this something entirely different. And if it's different where do I store the Encryption Data Menagerie keys. Please explain, I'm no tech savvy person but I'm seeing how simple you guys made abantecart for people like me. Thank you

abantecart:

--- Quote from: bab on November 08, 2013, 02:09:42 AM ---Encryption Key: Please provide a secret key that will be used to encrypt private information when processing orders.

Or is this something entirely different. And if it's different where do I store the Encryption Data Menagerie keys. Please explain, I'm no tech savvy person but I'm seeing how simple you guys made abantecart for people like me. Thank you

--- End quote ---

No. This is different key. This is generic key to be used in orders. It is not related to data encryption stored in the database.

bab:
Ok Thank you guys for being very helpful!

I set it up and followed the directions from the documentation manual. But now I checked the error log when it told me to and now I get this in the error log:

2013-11-13 23:27:13 - Error: SSL Encryption failed! Missing public key

Please explain to me how to I fix this.

Thank you  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version