eCommerce construction > Templates

Illustrated guide for custom AbanteCart template development

<< < (3/13) > >>

calbashmc:
I wish I was a developer but I'm not smart enough.  I just installed this extension to make a copy of the default_html5 template so I can change css.  I wanted to do this on a copy so it doesn't get over written next upgrade, and also so if I screw up I can just revert back to the default and try again.
So far the copy worked but blocks don't behave as expected.  Some alignment issues plus the blocks show titles even though they are turned off in admin.

abantecart:

--- Quote from: calbashmc on December 04, 2013, 07:16:29 PM ---I wish I was a developer but I'm not smart enough.  I just installed this extension to make a copy of the default_html5 template so I can change css.  I wanted to do this on a copy so it doesn't get over written next upgrade, and also so if I screw up I can just revert back to the default and try again.

--- End quote ---
To help with that, we plan to add template clone and template editor in upcoming versions.

Wolf:
Dev Tools worked partially for me. I was able to create a new custom extension and template as described above from HTML5 default template, but there appear to be 2 major bugs:
1) Slide show feature does not work in the new extension template (instead of the "slide" class it infuses the "wide_block" id into the "sep" class div). The result is that the slide functionality does not work and the slides just show all on the page aligned to the left.
2) A number of blocks (including the slide blocks) show up as duplicates in the block manager list

Any hint on how to fix this?
Thx
Wolf

ab_user:
By following this guide I was able to clone(almost) the default htm5 template. But like what others have noticed, some functionalities are missing. Still I think this is quite promising since developers are welcome to share. I wish we can edit blocks to include the accompanying CSS and be able to see the block itself interactively.

abantecart:
Improvements are coming. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version