eCommerce construction > Templates

Illustrated guide for custom AbanteCart template development

<< < (5/13) > >>

juandesign:
Hello,
I tried to upload it but its saying that it only requires a .tar or .gz..When I download the file it was .zip..

Can you advice on this?
Cheers

abolabo:
what zip?

kelbel3abh:

--- Quote from: juandesign on January 29, 2015, 01:00:14 AM ---Hello,
I tried to upload it but its saying that it only requires a .tar or .gz..When I download the file it was .zip..

Can you advice on this?
Cheers

--- End quote ---

Hey, instead of uploading the entire zipped folder you just downloaded, I unzipped the folder contents to my computer and used an FTP client, Filezilla, to bring my files over.  You will need to go through the folders until you find the extensions folder in your download and match it with the extensions folder in your backend files.  Then, drop the developer_tools folder into there (extensions.)  Does this make sense?  Basically, don't upload the zipped folder in Extensions within your Admin.  Hope this helps! ~ Kelly

kelbel3abh:
I am a little stuck.  I followed all the directions, everything went smoothly, but when I switch to the new template in Settings/ Appearance, my pages are blank.  But, if I view page source, there is code there.  I am trying to save this as a template before I upgrade to the newest version of Abantecart.  Anybody have any ideas?  I looked in the extensions folder and the template is there, along with layout.xml.  Not sure what is wrong.  ~ Kelly

natdroid:
I have followed the steps and have an error while switch to the new template Design >Layouts
There has been a critical error processing your request
AbanteCart core v.1.2.1 No layout found for page_id/controller ::! Requested data: template: html5_theme, page_id: , layout_id: in <b>/abantecart/htdocs/core/lib/layout_manager.php</b> on line <b>111</b>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version