Shopping Cart Operations > Security

What is the need for HTTPS? I have PayPal Standard acct but may add others

<< < (6/6)

DavidLIR:
Abolabo,

My hosting is providing the ssl cert which I have already paid for...it covers only with www. or without- not both
my perception is the folks on the internet are moving to without www. domains... for easier access, so I set it up for without www. for the ssl cert...

perhaps the other question I just pm you will cover this as well.

David

abolabo:
it's very strange situation...
if you have wildcard certificate and CN without www  your certificate must to cover all your subdomains (incl. www.).
Try to ask your hosting provider support. May be you should to add point as prefix to CN. who knows :-\

DavidLIR:
the cert is not supposed to be wildcard cert...but they have set up a wildcard in forward...is this what you refer to?

llegrand:
David,

Most certs come with a 30 day money back guarantee.  You might check and see if yours did.  I know RapidSSL do.

As an additional thought - Abantecart can he turn of the SSL switch within the cart without further conflicts?  That way he could get the redirects in sync and test for the the home tab issue.

My thoughts are there are too many pieces here that aren't set up correctly yet, and stepping back to a basic setup and getting that working would be a good thing.

Lee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version