Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Modify listing block  (Read 4872 times)

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
Modify listing block
« on: November 28, 2013, 09:45:54 PM »
Hi

I am using the listing block to display manufacturers (brands).  I created a new block and selected Data Listing, for source I selected Custom Manufacturers from the drop down, and from 'Use block wrapper (appearance)'  I chose popular_brands_content_bottom.tpl

What I was expecting like is a single row of icons with arrows at each end to scroll through the list.  and it did work like that until I added more manufacturers.  Now it looks like the attached image.  Also when I click on the arrows they just point to a # anchor so doesn't do anything except take me to the top of the page.

Ideally I'd like a band listing that autoscrolls in a slow animation until someone clicks on an icon.  But for now would be happy just to have this as a single row of brands scolled using the arrows.  What went wrong? 

My site is here if you need to Inspect Element www.ozvgn.com.au

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Modify listing block
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 10:40:37 AM »
If I do this on default template it does scroll properly and does not wrap.

What version of AbanteCart do you use?
If modified CSS or JavaScript, you will need to trace for the problem.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
Re: Modify listing block
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 11:14:34 PM »
I've done some more testing on this. It was not working properly when I had another block after it.  If I do not have another custom html block after it then it works fine.  When I add the custom html block it doesn't work as per my original post.