Author Topic: Discount based on group  (Read 4519 times)

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
Discount based on group
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:47:25 PM »
I'd like to offer discounts or free shipping to customers based on which customer group they are in.  I can't see a way to do this other than edit every product to add a group discount.  This is not feasible due to the amount of products I have.  Plus if I wanted to change the discount I'd have to go back through every product again.
I'd just like to have a blanket discount, or free shipping for anyone in a particular group.
I see in the extensions store there is an extension called "Customer Group Update (Customer Loyalty)".  Would this do what I want?  Or is there someway to do it without the extension that I am missing?

Another option is to instead use the Reward Points extension. Does anyone have experience with this?  Does it work well?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Discount based on group
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 09:05:18 PM »
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
Re: Discount based on group
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 09:27:35 PM »
There isn't much detail about what it does in the extension store.  Does it allow for rewards system as well as other promotions?
Why would I buy that over buying both the rewards extension and the group extension?
They really need to provide more details for extensions sold in the extension store, they'd probably sell a lot more.  A youtube vid of it in use would also help market these extensions.