Author Topic: replicating site for different owners  (Read 5210 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
replicating site for different owners
« on: December 05, 2013, 06:50:24 PM »
For my purposes I have determined that using multistore for my overall project is not the best solution - just too many stores to manage in multistore.  Therefore I will be replicating the master site for other users within my network.  I do have some extensions - both free and bought that will be needed in the new sites.

My question (concern) is how to manage the license files for each of the new sites.  Each additional site should be considered to be a totally standalone installation.   BUT I want to use all the setups, configurations etc that I have in the master.

What do you suggest is the easiest, fastest way to replicate a master site to a new standalone domain and not violate any licensing?  I do understand that I will need to purchase multiple extension licenses, and am not seeking to "re-use" an extension.

I am seeking guidance in advance of testing in hopes that it will shorten the process.  Thank you for whatever guidance you can provide.

Lee

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: replicating site for different owners
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 08:42:02 PM »
My question (concern) is how to manage the license files for each of the new sites.  Each additional site should be considered to be a totally standalone installation.   BUT I want to use all the setups, configurations etc that I have in the master.

What do you suggest is the easiest, fastest way to replicate a master site to a new standalone domain and not violate any licensing?  I do understand that I will need to purchase multiple extension licenses, and am not seeking to "re-use" an extension.

What I know license is per store or domain. 
For licensing, you need to contact AlgoZone.com. They operate marketplace and own license to paid extensions.

To replicate or clone from master you might want to think of creating some script to automate. 
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 08:57:49 PM »
I've been in contact with Algozone and think I have that part worked out.

My question is  there a separate license key for Abantecart that I should be concerned about?  Or can I just copy over all the files from the master
same as if I were moving a site?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 11:02:57 PM »
This is a good question. Theoretically, license keys needs to be new for each new store. But I think there might be exceptions with special arrangements.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help