Author Topic: Bank Transfer extenstion not showing  (Read 6588 times)

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
Bank Transfer extenstion not showing
« on: December 09, 2013, 04:15:20 AM »
I have installed the Bank Transfer extension that comes with the default install of 1.1.7 and using the default_html5 template.

The only other payment option I have set up is the paypal extension.

The Bank Transfer extension is enabled (set to on) and all details filled in on the extension page but it is not showing up as a payment option when customers check out.  What am I missing?

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: Bank Transfer extenstion not showing
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 06:56:51 AM »
location in extension settings and location of customer?
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 10:39:49 PM »
Double check that you have location on setting set correctly and the same as customer's location
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 01:31:33 AM »
I only have one location set which is Australia.  I tried using this and 'All Locations' to no avail.  The test account I am trying this out with has an address in Australia.  There is only an 'address' setting for customers not a 'location' setting so I'm assuming these match if I have Australia as the customer country and Australia as the 'location' of the extension.  Although the Paypal extension is set to 'All Locations' and it works fine, just the Bank Transfer extension is not showing at all no matter what I set 'location' to.

To test I also set up a Paymate account and added to Paymate extension.  It also does not show.  So then I thought I'd disable the paypal extension to see if it was causing the issue.  When i do this no payment method shows even when the Bank Transfer and/or Paymate extension is enabled. 

I then set up paypal express and enabled it.  I can then see both paypal and paypal express options but no others.
I also tried with the COD payment extension, it also didn't show, still only paypal.

How can I debug this to figure out why?

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 11:07:22 AM »
payment and shipping extensions have "model" class on storefront (see path extensions/some_extension/storefront/model...). When you open checkout/payment page this model will be call. You can write there var_dump($status); to define status of extension. Usually there many conditions.. try to define what is wrong, customer location, order amount limits etc
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 07:53:30 PM »
I figured this out.  In my shipping extensions I had selected paypal as the payment method for that type of shipping.  In the shipping extension I unselected the payment type associated with that shipping type so that none were selected (I guess I could also have also selected all of the payment types but would have run into this issue again if I added another payment type and forgot about this setting in the shipping extension).
Now all of the payment types show up as options in the checkout process.  Another trap for Abantecart newbies like me.