Author Topic: User groups access to upload and access images on the AbanteCart admin  (Read 6062 times)

Offline dedeliciousone

• View Profile
I have created a user-group on my shopping cart and would like the user to be able to upload and view images and other media apart from the admin.

Adding to that...i created a women category and would want to know How i can display latest products of the women category apart from the latest products features on the store front.

Thank you

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: User groups access to upload and access images on the AbanteCart admin
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 09:53:14 AM »
Hello,

From your post it seems you are confusing users and customers as defined within the cart setup.  Users are administrators or sub-administrators that have access to various parts of the admin panel.

Customers are visitors that see and use the site outside of the admin panel.  You can set customer groups for specific purposes.
It is found in admin under  Sales  > Customer groupts.

Here's a link to the documentation about customer groups.

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/customers/groups.html

Hope this helps.
Lee

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:16:40 AM by Basara »

Offline dedeliciousone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:07:07 AM »
ok the user i meant is a sub administrator. sorry if i confused you.

i want the sub-administrators to be able to upload and view product images from the back-end like the top administrator. how do i achieve that....and u didn't answer my second question.

please reply ., thanks again for your help

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 10:45:40 AM »
My apologies for not understanding your issue. If you wish the sub-admin to have all the conditions,  just set them up as an additional user and assign them to the Administrator Group. 

You need to set the conditions of each USER GROUP to do what you wish if you want to limit their access to some areas.  Then assign a user to that User Group.

Here's the documentation link.
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/users/user_groups.html

As to your second question I don't have a satisfactory answer.  Perhaps post just that question again (maybe with a little more info) and someone else will be able to help.

Lee
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:17:10 AM by Basara »