Author Topic: Google translate API2 problem  (Read 11324 times)

Offline Atome2088

• View Profile
Google translate API2 problem
« on: January 20, 2014, 07:33:27 PM »
Hello,
I want to tell you that AbanteCart Cart is really great (and I tried almost every e-commerce solution!).

I have an issue with installing the Google Translate Extension.

I think I did everything right (paying 39$ for this extension, registering with code.google.com and getting a key, configuring in AbanteCart Cart,...)
but I only get the same error message when I try to translate a text from english to french for instance.

As I think one picture is better than 1000 words, check the captures I attached.

Can you help me please?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Google translate API2 problem
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:20:32 PM »
I use this extension a lot.
Your set up looks correct.

Check your error log right after you get an error and post last message you get.
This will help identify an issue.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Atome2088

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 08:12:14 AM »
Hello,

When I try to translate from english to french, here is the one and only error log that I get:

2014-01-22 13:50:53 - database error:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.7 Error: Duplicate entry '0-english-10-text_sorting_date_asc' for key 'lang_definition_index'<br />Error No: 1062<br />INSERT INTO ab_language_definitions(language_definition_id,language_id,section,block,language_key,language_value,update_date,create_date) VALUES ('','10','0','english','text_sorting_date_asc','Date Old > New','2014-01-12 02:55:17','2014-01-12 02:55:17') in <b>/home/erikw541/public_html/ACH/achats/core/database/mysql.php</b> on line <b>112</b>

And I get the window saying:
There has been an error processing your request
Please check error log for more info. You can check error log in the control panel if it is functional. Otherwise, refer to error log located in your web server
Go to main page

I hope it will help you help me ;-)

Thank you in advance,
Erik

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 01:24:48 PM »
Are you sure, you  do not try to translate English to English? It looks like it does exactly that.

Please check and make sure that you go to french language and select source for English.

If you still get the same error, try one more thing. Change your default language setting to English and use English language for content and admin.  Try again.

Please update what happens. Once I get the steps I will be able to investigate and fix if needed.
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Atome2088

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 12:12:02 PM »
Hello,

I tried all that you said but wasn't able to fix it.

Now I am despered and I decided to reinstall everything from the beginning (AbanteCart and Google Translate).

I did configure it like we said without adding french.

When I try to add a product (with english language everywhere) in english, I cannot save it and it sends me the error log:

2014-01-24 17:40:17 - load error:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.7 Error: Could not load translations class /home/erikw541/public_html/ACH/showroom/extensions/google_translate/core/translator.php! in <b>/home/erikw541/public_html/ACH/showroom/core/lib/language_manager.php</b> on line <b>746</b>

But when I add a new product on the Spanish, I am able to save it.

Another warning appeared, it says:
Language definition "google_translate_note" is missing for "English"

I don't know if there is any link between those two errors.

Thank you for your help...
Erik

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 08:53:38 PM »
Please check that this file is present /home/erikw541/public_html/ACH/showroom/extensions/google_translate/core/translator.php

If file is there, check that it is with 755 or higher permissions.