General Topics > SEO

Meta Tag SEO Tips and Tricks

<< < (2/6) > >>

cbarg2004:
Now it gets funnier if you want to have all those fields to be dynamic (or changing with every product). In my head.tpl, I have most of it figured out:

$href = 'http';
 if ($_SERVER["HTTPS"] == "on") {$href .= "s";}
 $href .= "://";
 if ($_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"] != "80") {
  $href .= $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].":".$_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
 } else {
  $href .= $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
 }
 $url = parse_url($href);
 $query = array();
 parse_str($url['query'], $query);

$url = " external link ?rt=product/product&product_id=".$query['product_id'];

echo '<meta property="og:title" content="'.$title.'" />';
echo '<meta property="og:type" content="ecommerce" />';
echo '<meta property="og:description" content="'.$description.'" />';
echo '<meta property="og:url" content="'.$url.'" />';

However, I have some issues trying to get the < meta property=og:image content=$img_url />

I can see it in product.tpl, but I'm not able to reach it from head.tpl. No variable seems to work for the image url :-/

Any clue about how to get it??

gordontaylor:
The image you're looking for is in resources, use the direct HTML link, as in my example above, not the php call.

cbarg2004:
You are correct, and I understand the image I am looking for is in resources. However, that image, as per the example, will always be the same (logo of your company, for example). What I want to achieve here is to add the individual product image (eg: wholesaleostomysuppliescom/resources/image/18/90/8.jpg).
I believe I will dig deeper to get to the complicated DB, if not, I will open a pop up window and javascript everything. I thought I could name the pictures with the product name, but I don't believe that would work since the 'name' of the resource is NOT the name of the picture uploaded :-(

gordontaylor:
Correct! The script renames the images and stores them in resourses, if you use their uploader. I create my own image file and FTP to that, then call the image from there.

josephnwy:
Hi, i use the bing web tools, but i submit the site map url the status was mention "download site map and feeds was empty"...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version