Author Topic: Can't get my logo to appear  (Read 15763 times)

Offline Geoff Hinde

• View Profile
Can't get my logo to appear
« on: February 02, 2014, 09:28:13 PM »
Not sure what I am doing wrong. have done all the tings for template 2 but still can't get my logo to replace the dafualt AbanteCart one on my pages. Help appreciated.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get my logo to appear
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 04:09:54 AM »
Not sure what I am doing wrong. have done all the tings for template 2 but still can't get my logo to replace the dafualt AbanteCart one on my pages. Help appreciated.

Please read this post

Offline Geoff Hinde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 09:26:24 PM »
Thanks for your reply, and I already have followed these instructions - changed SQL update in phpmyadmin as instructed but it still won't show on the page.

Any further suggestions?

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 02:10:40 PM »
Do I hear direct SQL change? Rule of the thumb, always clear cache after direct database change!!  ;D
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline Geoff Hinde

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 12:38:49 AM »
Thanks. Where do i do this.

Also abantecartlogo has gone but replaced by the image name instead of the image. Why doesn't the image appear?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 03:19:15 AM »
Thanks. Where do i do this.

Also abantecartlogo has gone but replaced by the image name instead of the image. Why doesn't the image appear?

To clear cache Go to Admin-System-Cache see documentation

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 04:20:02 PM »
If you use version 1.1.8 with chrome browser, you can click mic icon in the header and say "clear cache"  :P

“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline Geoff Hinde

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 11:25:00 PM »
Have been to Admin-System-Cache and cleared all and still doesn't appear.

I don't run Chrome.

See www sales moidart com. au/AbanteCart for worksite

Desperately need help with this.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 12:34:06 AM »
Two thing here:
First - when clearing the cache you need to select the items to clear - or click on the Cache Type box to select all,  then click on the Clear Cache button at the bottom.  (I have often forgot to select the items to clear)

Next - I went to your site I suspect that you don't have your logo file mapped to the store logo location.
Under System > Settings > Appearance do you see your logo image in the Store Logo field?  Whatever is showing there is what will show up in the header.   

Abantecart has a rather unique method of identify graphicss files -  they usually look like this www......../ resources/image/18/76/7.jpg  where the numbers are system generated when you upload the file. 

In order to set a logo simply Click on image that is showing to change it .  A popup will appear allowing you to upload a picture you like from your local computer or set a pre-existing one which is already uploaded in the images directory of AbanteCart.

You will know you have success, as you will see your logo on the Appearance Systems page

Hope this helps - let us know if you needed further instruction.

Lee (just another Abantecart user)

Offline cbarg2004

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 08:36:32 PM »
I can see your logo :-\

Offline Smash

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 06:22:02 PM »
You can if you must, inspect element (using chrome) find the path of logo name and  folder in server, go into cpanel (resources/images/..etc ) and literally replace that file with one named exactly the same name and size wise,(eg 30px - 30px and  f.jpg or whatever) delete and replace, make sure you match the dimensions and name as I believe (in my experience) size specific for the top header and you should be ok...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:26:44 PM by Smash »

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 01:28:10 PM »
You can if you must, inspect element (using chrome) find the path of logo name and  folder in server, go into cpanel (resources/images/..etc ) and literally replace that file with one named exactly the same name and size wise,(eg 30px - 30px and  f.jpg or whatever) delete and replace, make sure you match the dimensions and name as I believe (in my experience) size specific for the top header and you should be ok...

I was going to say the same thing. I have been working on our mobile site with AbanteCart for a month and half and the easiest way I found was to inspect the elements with the browsers tools or Firebug and it would show me the name and the path to the file. I would then open the file in Photoshop.

Next I would see it's dimensions and create a blank file with the same dimensions and then when I was satisfied with the new graphic I would save exactly with the same name and format and then upload to the server.

I overwrite the existing file (backup original with you wish) and go back to the site and refresh and done deal. To me is easier and much faster.

Also since I plan to install for our company AbanteCart cart on a few sites having the same look Admin gets confusing so at the moment I am actively inspecting elements and will change the colors and logos in each admin so none of us are ever confused. I did this with our existing admin systems and it helped a lot.

Hope this helps and attached is a sample of what I did for Mobile.

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 02:45:28 PM »
Here is another change I made for new website. I changed the colors and logo so when we log in no confusion.

See attached file.

Offline deexclusif

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 03:04:06 PM »
Could you please tell me how you changed your colors?