Author Topic: where does the form action occurs?  (Read 6084 times)

Offline rookiecoder

• View Profile
where does the form action occurs?
« on: March 07, 2014, 01:51:45 AM »
where does it occur? and also why can't I see my "shipping_method" anywhere in the database?

Thanks.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: where does the form action occurs?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 10:36:13 AM »
try the extensions table - 

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 03:51:45 PM »
Form action occur in controller for the section. What page or section are you looking at?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline rookiecoder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 03:20:18 AM »
actually I planned to do some custom work in shipping page. i would like to make a drop down menu to offer some sub-locations options for customer to choose. so I decided to use the "comment section" column instead of creating a new column in the database table. I would like to know how to pass the information from the drop down menu to the comment section. e.g example of desired forms like in this link: http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/tryit.asp?filename=tryjsref_radio_checked4

when the customer hits "send order" then it will be submitted to the "comment" section.
I know the form action for shipping occurs in shipping.php in controller and shipping.tpl(for layout). I am confused on how these two components links to each other.

thanks.

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 02:57:47 PM »
Each shipping method is an extension and has own model and controller. These are located in the extension/[default_----] directory.
What shipping do you edit?
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline rookiecoder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 11:12:56 PM »
I want to edit the "default store pick up" shipping method. so, that's mean I have to alter the shipping file in model and controller? I am still confused, but at least you guys shed some light on this.

Thanks.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 02:57:49 PM »
There is no controller for storefront in "default store pick up". There is only model.
If you need to hook to shipping selection page, you need to look into checkout/shipping template and controller.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help