Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Shipping Charge Calculator  (Read 11109 times)

Offline epanagio

• View Profile
Shipping Charge Calculator
« on: June 07, 2012, 04:39:04 PM »
I have been looking for "special" shopping cart. My customer needs to have a solid shipping charge calculator. The customer has a store that sells just about anything, from guitars, rings, tools, and equipment. They would like to be able to calculate the shipping charge for these items. Does this software support such options? Can I calculate the shipping charge based on each item? By weight? By size (LxWxH of box)?
Thanks, Evan

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Shipping Charge Calculator
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 02:32:10 PM »
In AbanteCart you have ability to set up product Length, Width, Height and Weight. These are set up on product and product option level. 
Depending on the shipping method you will be using these parameters will be used to calculate shipping cost.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Panasaur

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 04:44:30 PM »
I'm also trying to set up a cart with variable shipping needs. All the items will be shipped through USPS, but some of the items are strange sizes and the shipping estimate for those items needs to include the product dimensions. How can I set that up? I haven't been able to get the product dimensions to affect the shipping cost at all. What am I missing?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 10:28:12 PM »
Did you try to activate and configure default_usps extension in shipping extensions section?

Once you install extension and enable it there will be orange button "shipping" to set settings specific to USPS.
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Panasaur

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 11:41:12 AM »
Yes, I have that extension activated and configured. There are options there for a default package size, but once I set that, the only information from the individual product that affects the shipping cost is the weight of the product, even if the product is packaged in wildly different dimensions than what I set as the default.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 12:12:59 PM »
We have made few updates for most of the shipping methods and updates will be included in the next version 1.0.3 next week.

Thank you for your patience. :)