Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Shipping options were working but are no longer working  (Read 10891 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Shipping options were working but are no longer working
« on: March 24, 2014, 11:04:33 PM »
Hi AbanteCart Support,

I had the shipping options working perfectly for one example - a painting.

I am from the UK, so enabled ParcelForce 48 and Royal Mail - only the recorded, registered and tracked options.

There are two accounts for some reason - a default account and one named after the Store. This was working
although I have no idea why there are two. I reset two and redid them without success.

But after I entered a few more paintings as Products with their weights in grams and their dimensions in centimetres
neither option displays properly - ParcelForce displays but doesn't calculate the shipping cost - leave it as zero. Royal Mail
options don't display at all.

I know that they were both working but have no idea why they stopped working. All I did was add new products and change the AbanteCart logo with the site's logo.

I put the URL for the Store in but was told when I posted that I cannot do that even though there is an add-link option.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Eric

gordontaylor

Re: Shipping options were working but are no longer working
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 09:42:41 AM »
You can't post a link until you have had 10 or more posts to prevent one time accounts from spamming.

However, you can type your url in here i.e. mystore.com

Have you checked your error logs? If not, please check those and post the results, if any, here.

As for two accounts...please tell us more about this. Where are the two accounts? In customers?

Or are you referring to the drop down menus for the shipping setup?

Please be a little more specific with page locations, etc. and screen shots are a BIG help.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 11:18:18 AM »
Thanks For the reply, Gordon.

I couldn't post the Error log because it contained the URL of the site and was too large.
The dates covered were all before the problem occurred in any case, so aren't relevant.

I have attached relevant images that I had to reduce due to the size limitation in force.

Google lists the site and store if you search for Acrylic Art by Lesley Anne Legge for whom I am doing
the WordPress site and store.

gordontaylor

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 12:02:36 PM »
OK, now I see what you mean by accounts. They are actually folders...default is the store template and the one you should be using. I can't read the name in the dropdown of the other choice.

You can post the error logs, the urls will show up just fine. We'll need to see those to really determine what's going on.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 03:39:08 PM »
The second store is called AcrylicArtByLes - the cart made it up somehow. When you start using this cart you don't know what you're doing, you just try things to see how they pan out. I have a much better idea about what's going on now that I've experimented.

Here is the url for the Error Logs:

The site is art-bylesleyannelegge . com

Adjust this so that there are no gaps and add it:

/ AbanteCart / index.php?rt=tool / error_log&s=admin123&token=88b91737537f2b5225aa52a930a0d31b

You'll have to assemble the url due to my not being able to use external links yet.

gordontaylor

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 04:50:08 PM »
OK, I see what's wrong. You need to be working in default NOT AcrylicArtByLes.

I don't know where that folder came from. Did you make a new store in the admin panel?

If you did, go into your control panel, if you have access and delete that folder.

The admin panel is giving that error, basically because it can't find the database for AABL, because there isn't one!

Try that, work only in the default and you'll be OK.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 11:46:31 PM »
Following your instructions, I deleted the second store, all the products are still listed with images, descriptions, etc., but when I click on one of the images to View the details, the cart goes back to the main website and displays a NOT FOUND message.

I checked through all of the settings, but couldn't stop that from happening.

Everything is there, including the Privacy and Returns policies that I did, but the actual Store isn't working now.

There is only a Home button there now when there used to be Home => Acrylic Art by Lesley Legge. When clicked on
Acrylic Art by Lesley Legge I was taken to the second store that was working properly, but suddenly stopped
doing so after I added a few new products.

When I add one of the products to the Cart and then checkout the whole thing fails with this message: Secure Connection Failed.

gordontaylor

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 12:23:06 AM »
I was afraid that would be the case. When you built the products the DB got confused with two different stores.

Are the categories still there? If not, just recreate the categories and link the product to them and it should restore the functionality.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 12:27:19 PM »
The category was there but disabled, so I enabled it.

The paintings are displayed in any case and when I open the Categories drop-down box and select the Category - Acrylic Paintings by Lesley Legge and hit Go it still shows the paintings. Until I enabled that category it used to say Nothing found.

Unfortunately, the same things that I described in my previous post are happening. Here are some screen shots that show the new setup.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 12:28:16 PM »
Here are two more screenshots:

gordontaylor

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 12:32:45 PM »
So, please clarify what is still not working from your previous post.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 06:27:21 PM »
There is no change. What I said was happening is still happening - click on View in the image of a painting and get Not Found in a page from the main site, not the Store - put a painting in the cart and check out and get Secure Connection Failed message. It's looking as if I am going to have to reinstall the cart and start from scratch.

gordontaylor

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 07:03:02 PM »
You are right Eric, I was hoping it could be salvaged, but I'm afraid not.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 07:08:06 PM »
Thanks for your help. This thread might be helpful to others who have a similar problem.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 09:16:39 PM »
Hi Gordon,

I have just reinstalled the cart to a new directory called store. It was in a directory called AbanteCart.

It now works as it was working before, that is, everything works except the shipping options - Royal Mail - which is enabled and ParcelForce 48, also enabled. ParcelForce is the only one that displays as an option and it doesn't calculate the cost as it did before, just shows the weight of 400 grams, which is correct.

PayPay is provided as the only payment option, which is correct.

So, it looks to me as if there was nothing wrong with the store itself apart from the fact that there must be something wrong with those two shipping options in the cart itself, not the store I am working on. Those shipping options were working and then suddenly were not. I have one painting installed as a product.

You can try buying it up to the shipping to see what happens at art-bylesleyannelegge dot com / store /

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:19:43 PM by Eric »