Author Topic: Shipping options were working but are no longer working  (Read 10958 times)

gordontaylor

Re: Shipping options were working but are no longer working
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 09:52:28 PM »
I created an account and check out and all was normal, except the shipping. Iseverything is set up in system>settings>localization? Correct country, etc. Apparently it has no problem shipping to the US, so the US must be set up in localization settings, which is the default setup.

If all is correct send me Private Message via the board here and I'll forward the matter to one of the admins...

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 11:08:05 AM »
Unfortunately, there is no setting under Localization - there are plenty of options there and I went through all of them - that sets the US as the default, but I do remember coming across a setting that had "All countries" or the US as the options, but I can find it.

gordontaylor

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 12:30:08 PM »
You'll need to follow the directions here http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/52-admin-user-manual/system/localization/41-localization#Locations

This will get your country listed back in the system>localization>locations menu in the admin panel.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 04:38:09 PM »
Thanks.

The USA was the only country there with all of its states. I added the UK and Royal Mail and ParcelForce 48 and enabled all of the places within them - all within the UK, but the cart still doesn't do the shipping properly - only ParcelForce appears and shows the weight but not the shipping cost - in spite of being enabled and having each product set up with weight and three dimensions and all the other info. See the attached image...

gordontaylor

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »
Well, it's now beyond my knowledge...I'll wait for one the admins like Basara or eCommerce to address this further.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 03:32:01 AM »
Thanks.

The USA was the only country there with all of its states. I added the UK and Royal Mail and ParcelForce 48 and enabled all of the places within them - all within the UK, but the cart still doesn't do the shipping properly - only ParcelForce appears and shows the weight but not the shipping cost - in spite of being enabled and having each product set up with weight and three dimensions and all the other info. See the attached image...

Hello. Something wrong with your settings
When You create new location You need ADD ZONES to new locations for example:
UK location with zones:
United Kingdom - Lancashire
United Kingdom - Northamptonshire
United Kingdom - North Yorkshire

So If your customer have in shipping address for ex. United Kingdom - Northamptonshire shiping methods should work.
By the way in the shipping methods please check setting too. Check Location value it should be 'All locations' or select new one 'UK'

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 05:16:12 AM »
Hi Eric.

Can you post your settings of default location and zones of your store?
Also should to check rates for this locations in extensions settings.

Try to login with customer which have address in your store location and check is shipping estimates works.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 08:08:52 PM »
Hi Basara,

All of the zones available in the UK are enabled. I chose to enable all of them.

abolabo, you said: Can you post your settings of default location and zones of your store? - I'll do that tomorrow.

I think I need to give the login info to an expert so that he can check the cart's settings, but I will only do that
in a personal email to a genuine AbanteCart support person, not in this thread.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2014, 09:38:42 PM »
I have just tried making a purchase with the cart and the shipping - Royal Mail and ParcelForce 48 -  are working properly,
giving weight and mailing prices.

I did nothing other than what Gordon told me to, so I don't know if anyone else did anything.

Anyhow, thanks very much for your help.

gordontaylor

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2014, 10:46:33 PM »
Great to have another happy customer!