Shopping Cart Operations > Existing features

Data Import / Export actions?

(1/4) > >>

Nimitz1061:
I see some references in the documentation for Data Import / Export that an XML ACTION tag is required to insert new products via this system, and get the impression that this would be required for CSV and other delimited files as well.  Can someone verify this, and advise as to any column heading requirements ??

David

andrew.mikhailyk:
Hi, David.

Unfortunately "action" tag is only available for XML data import at the moment.
We've already added "action" for CSV import but it will be available in next build: v1.0.3.
AbanteCart v1.0.3 will be released in 1-2 days.

As for usage of "action" tag you'll just have to add column named "action" in the first line and set needed actions at the end of each row.
Action values are: "insert", "update", "update_or_insert" or "delete".

Nimitz1061:
Thank you Andrew.

So, to recap for clarity:

1.  delimited files do not insert at all in 1.0.2, but will in 1.0.3
2. A single Action column is used for each row
3. Available actions include "insert", "update", "update or insert" and "delete"

Further questions:

A. Are the actions case sensitive?
B. Will the logic recognize references to non-existing resources and insert them as well ?
C. What happens if an index for say, manufacturer or category references an entry which does not exist ??

At present, this tool seems extremely focused on dealing with data from Abantecart itself.  This would not be the most common use scenario, so I'm curious as to what plans are to address external sources which have no knowledge of the Abantecart data structures....

David

Nimitz1061:
I have accomplished my first import to the cart - manufacturer entries.

There was a problem.

Manually created entries in this system have two table entries.  One in the manufacturers table, one in the manufacturers_to_stores table.  The import creates no entries in this table even when the columns for that tables entries exist..

The resulting entries do not work in the cart, as they have no store assignments..

David

Nimitz1061:
I'm now getting rather successful TEST imports on products.  Not sure just how indicative of eventual success this would be, given the lack of any error message about missing store relationship assignments in the manufacturer file.  But, seems promising so far. 

I'm a bit concerned about the number of fields required to handle one image, and the apparent defaulting of image titles and descriptions to be the same as the product name / description.  This MIGHT lead to some duplicate content issues down the road.

The presence of resource name and resource PATH fields raises the question of which should be available during import and what will be necessary to generate the other....

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version