Author Topic: Marketplace Discussion & Feedback  (Read 7718 times)

Offline gob33

• View Profile
Marketplace Discussion & Feedback
« on: May 17, 2014, 06:04:08 AM »
I have some questions about the new AbanteCart marketplace:
- Does it relates in any way with old Algozone marketplace ?
- What is exactly the fee you take per extension sale (have not found) ?
- I have a problem with the limit of $100 sales to reach each month. Some small extensions are not able to reach this amount before 2,3, or 4 months (eg. a template). Would be wise to remove that limit and pay each month sales done.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 07:15:52 PM by gob33 »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Marketplace Discussion & Feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 04:47:26 PM »
I have some questions about the new AbanteCart marketplace:
- Does it relates in any way with old Algozone marketplace ?
No. New Marketplace is now operated by our project. AlgoZone now is a regular developer in new marketplace.

- What is exactly the fee you take per extension sale (have not found) ?
Developer gets 75% for each sale.
Read more here:  FAQ http://marketplace.abantecart.com/developer-faq#anchor3

- I have a problem with the limit of $100 sales to reach each month. Some small extensions are not able to reach this amount before 2,3, or 4 months (eg. a template). Would be wise to remove that limit and pay each month sales done.
Probably you misunderstood. We payout once your balance reach $100. It is paid out per month. If you do not reach $100 first month, you can reach it next month. Nothing lost or expires.
In the future this restriction will be removed as we build automatic payout process.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline gob33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 05:53:57 PM »
Thx for precisions.
(I skipped FAQ page because though it was a title inside menu)
I understood sales < $100 are not lost, it's the time to get paid who is aleatory for small sales.
Also, re-uploading and remplacing an archive should be enabled, there are always bugs left in any programming work that needs to be corrected by an update numbered with new version.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 06:02:49 PM by gob33 »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 08:55:40 PM »
Thx for precisions.
(I skipped FAQ page because though it was a title inside menu)
I understood sales < $100 are not lost, it's the time to get paid who is aleatory for small sales.
Also, re-uploading and replacing an archive should be enabled, there are always bugs left in any programming work that needs to be corrected by an update numbered with new version.
Once you upload main extension archive, you set it to specific version. If you need to update, you need to create a new version and add new archive.  It is pretty simple.
There are reasons for this.
1. We need to make sure that there is version assign for every extension, and developer follows good practice of code versioning and appropriate testing.   
2. If #1 is followed properly we can notify users of updates.
3. Very frequent updates of archive will require a lot of our attention to validate .
Again, this can be changed in the future as we develop automated process for this.

I personally do not see any problem here.  Every developer needs to do good testing before releasing extension.
If there are bugs, it is OK. Fix all reported bugs and release new version. Do not update archive for each bug fixed separately.   
Allowing, silently updating archive is not a good approach.
Pretend, we allow this, how will you know what code base your customer has? Did he get your code before or after your fix?

This is just my point, but we are open for suggestions.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline gob33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 05:21:41 AM »
If you will have 10.000 extensions, it is impossible for you to check and validate each day hundred of new arrivals/updates. And really, on Opencart, i did updates even for 1 line changed because it is necessary for support to all your customers, so it is replacement of the archive with incrementing version (no need to keep the old one and add a new entry).