Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Add a downloadable pdf to description  (Read 7088 times)

Offline Smash

• View Profile
Add a downloadable pdf to description
« on: June 05, 2014, 05:42:01 PM »
Super Help :P

How do I add add a downloadable pdf to a description of a product as I need the clients/ buyers to get the specs on a product. Uploaded PDF to resources in media on the product page of said product and it mapped to the product under mapped image...Thought I had done a work around by copying URL of preview/download to description box as a link, but it bounces a 401 as I assume an external client pc (etc) that is not admin logged in can't access my server.. fair do's, that's hackable, I did a copy URL text to make the link in the description but how do I allow viewers to click and open PDF.... Tried on other laptops PC's and mobile devices and getting

{"error_title":"Login Error!","error_text":"You are not logged in. You will be redirected to login page","show_dialog":true,"reload_page":true,"error_code":401}

Do I then have to store them externally so they are accesable on a open folder in my server..  Confusion... Dont have this prob on Wordpress with PDFs.

I assume I'm missing something obvious

love abantecart, a very fast.. fun.. and tiring learning process, what am i missing.... thanks guys

Using Template2

Please advise

Thanks and  any thoughts

regards

Matt
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 07:28:48 PM by Smash »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Add a downloadable pdf to description
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 02:03:40 AM »
Super Help :P

How do I add add a downloadable pdf to a description of a product as I need the clients/ buyers to get the specs on a product.

Hi. You need to create  new Download for this Product and set Activated setting value to Before Order.  You can do this in Admin-Catalog-Product edit page look for Files Tab
See documentation article about how to create Downloads and Shared Downloads in AbanteCart

Offline Smash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 11:13:59 AM »
Hi Basara

Thanks for that, I have done this but I cant see where the pdf is when I have done the 'Before order', I go to the product page eg wc/cintasa wc  and there is only the description?

Do I have to put another block on products page. Or is it on the individual product summary page. Where would it be on my site?

coupedesign.co.uk/sanware/
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:55:48 AM by Smash »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 02:57:00 AM »
Hi Basara

Thanks for that, I have done this but I cant see where the pdf is when I have done the 'Before order', I go to the product page eg wc/cintasa wc  and there is only the description?

Do I have to put another block on products page. Or is it on the individual product summary page. Where would it be on my site?

coupedesign.co.uk/sanware/

Hi. Looks like you have modified free template2 ?
The problem in this template I think. In default AbanteCart templates should be new Download Tab if Before Order activated see screenshot. Please contact original developer to fix issue

Offline Smash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 03:39:38 PM »
Thanks again Basara

I've only modified colours in CSS nothing in PHP, unless that throws it all off.

My work around will suffice (making a link to a folder in the root folder) as its a bit quicker to populate that folder with the pdfs and link in description.

Thanks again  ;)