Author Topic: USPS extension - not showing on checkout (SOLVED and helpful hints)  (Read 3668 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
I am unable to get the USPS extension to connect - version 1.1.9
It will no show up on the checkout page -  Now according to the USPS site,  in May they had some changes to their API - could this be an issue?

Here's my settings -
 USER ID and Password are the ones that work with the USPS.COM login account- I am assuming I can use that same  account for the USPS Extension.
Extension is turned on
Have entered the user ID and Password known to work other places.
Have selected Priority Mail for the rate chart.

Auto select is checked on
Accept this payments   - there is COD and PP standard  -  only PP standard is checkmarked
Use Shipping Session – is ON
Shipping and Tax Estimate is ON
I have tried several different types of settings, but none of them work.  I am out of things to try.
Would greatly appreciate getting on the right track here.  This is the first account I tried to setup a USPS shippping - and I am failing to get it.
Lee

« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 04:01:06 PM by llegrand »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: USPS extension - not showing on checkout (SOLVED and helpful hints)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »
Ok, With the help of Buddahboy  this is working -  my error it takes a USPS WEBTOOLS API for the user ID

Currently that can be found at this URL:

https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/

I would request that the documentation as shown here:  http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/46-admin-user-manual/extensions-menu/shipping#United%20States%20Postal%20Service

needs to be updated -  It currently states:
You should call USPS (800-344-7779) to activate your account on the production servers. It will not work until you do this.

This is no longer correct =  You no longer need to contact the USPS for access,  they grant that when they email you the user id and password.

Perhaps adding that a Webtools API user ID is necessary would help.  I know if I had seen that I would not have spent hours trying to figure out why it wasn't working.

Additionally -  One can not mix the sizes in the weight class on the product pages.  If one selects pounds  and has a few ounces package one must use the decimal equivalent .  e.g.  wt class set for pounds,  a 3 oz product  must use .25 /pounds for the product sheet or the shipping wt will come up 57 pounds.   

Lee

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: USPS extension - not showing on checkout (SOLVED and helpful hints)
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 05:23:19 AM »
Thank You, Lee

We update this part of documentation