Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Pickup From Store - How to change this verbiage in the cart  (Read 6513 times)

Offline Chase998

• View Profile
Pickup From Store - How to change this verbiage in the cart
« on: December 23, 2013, 08:19:58 AM »
I would like to change "Pickup From Store" in the cart area, but I can't seem to figure out how.

I have gone into the back end and changed it under Localization / Languages, but it won't change on the actual cart.

I want to change this to "Pickup - Local Area Only".

Thanks!

Chase

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Pickup From Store - How to change this verbiage in the cart
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 09:05:00 AM »
Just search in top right for "Pickup From Store" and edit language text

Check this video that will help you:

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Chase998

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 09:58:05 AM »
THANK YOU!  That worked perfectly!

I do have one more question - I have items of varying size (from very tiny to the size of a person).  I want to use the USPS API, and I have already gotten it to work.  However, it doesn't matter what size of product I'm putting in the cart.  They all come up with the same shipping rate.

Shouldn't there be some sort of calculation with the API based on the height, width, length, and weight variables I'm adding on the product?

Thanks!

Chase

Offline Chase998

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 10:07:32 AM »
I think my biggest problem is that when I click flat rate box, it displays that, even though there's no way the product would fit into the dimensions of that box.  Is this an API issue or a cart issue?

Offline Jared M

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 09:35:32 AM »
I think my biggest problem is that when I click flat rate box, it displays that, even though there's no way the product would fit into the dimensions of that box.  Is this an API issue or a cart issue?

Have you found any resolution for this? I am just setting up my first AbanteCart site and I am having this exact same issue, I would like to offer flat rate boxes but when it shows them available even though there is no way in heck the item will fit in it its a bit of a problem.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 06:32:34 AM »

Have you found any resolution for this? I am just setting up my first AbanteCart site and I am having this exact same issue, I would like to offer flat rate boxes but when it shows them available even though there is no way in heck the item will fit in it its a bit of a problem.

Can You please post screenshot?

Offline Jared M

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 08:19:15 AM »

Can You please post screenshot?

So the first attachment screenshot shows the item page with the item dimensions and weight the second shows the shopping cart with that item and it allowing the use of small flat rate usps shipping which the item will clearly not fit in based on the Dimensions. Also I measured a small flat rate box so you know they are under 9" long 6" high and 2" wide so there is no way one of those bags would fit let alone 30. And the cart says they will fit in ether case, my fix for the moment is to just turn off the option to use flat rate boxes. The cart should check the box size against the item sizes before allowing that shipping option it does not appear to be doing that.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 08:23:12 AM by Jared M »

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.