Shopping Cart Operations > General Support

cannot access admin area

(1/5) > >>

dpp:
I just installed AbanteCart. After closing my browser and re opening it to access the admin area, I keep on ending up at the front end of the main site. Any guidance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

abantecart:
When you were installing AbanteCart there was a field that was asking for your admin section key.

See image attached.

If you did not edited it this field, admin section will be set to your_admin. It is not recommended to use this name
To access your admin you need to add s=your_admin to the URL
Example: demo.abantecart.com?s=demo_admin

You can locate your admin section key in configuration file located in system/config.php
Look for:
define('ADMIN_PATH', '.....

Nimitz1061:
The semi-mandatory obscurity is an interesting touch - I'm just not sure it is worth the effort.

I've seen a number of penetrations which occurred because of insecure protocol and insecure routers .  When the bad guys are reading your TCP stream obscurity is not going to help you....

David

abolabo:

--- Quote from: Nimitz1061 on September 04, 2012, 07:06:53 PM ---The semi-mandatory obscurity is an interesting touch - I'm just not sure it is worth the effort.

I've seen a number of penetrations which occurred because of insecure protocol and insecure routers .  When the bad guys are reading your TCP stream obscurity is not going to help you....

David

--- End quote ---

David, we (i mean php:)) can't to check is webserver have correctly tuned ssl support.
ssl-connection works step-by-step: certificate exchange and checks of it by verifier, if all ok then data exchange.
Php does not afford to check is first check was valid. I remember troubles in firefox and chrome with ssl v2 certificates. Servers works fine but user have not access to pages.

Nimitz1061:
Perhaps, but the functionality of the SSL systems is a hosting problem - and for competent hosts its a minor one.  It is better NOT to get the page than to transmit sensitive data over an insecure line.   The ability to support SSL should be tested well before the cart is installed.

This is one of those points at which hosting, application development and cart operations have to work together to assure a safe operating environment.  Don't be afraid to post a requirement that hosting support includes working SSL.

Also, I doubt that PHP is incapable of checking connection security.  cURL is capable of returning connection status.  There will be a great deal of nuance, of course - but really, having and requiring SSL is not nearly as big a problem as not having and using it.

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version