Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Customer downloads  (Read 5572 times)

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
Customer downloads
« on: April 14, 2014, 10:24:44 AM »
Hi All,

Ok, the problem I am having is that when I have uploaded files to the resources location IE: a zip file in the format RAR, it shows in the download folder fine, it even adds to the product listing fine, but when someone purchases the product and they go to there download section after purchase the file downloads fine but the file format is unknown? it does not download as a zip file, although the file size is correct it just does not download as a zip. Oh and yes for argument sake WINRAR is installed on the pc the file is downloaded to I've even tested it all out myself. This is freaking me out, can anyone help please.
Regards

Gary

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Customer downloads
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 05:01:51 PM »
I am confused a bit. You say you upload RAR. Why do you expect download in ZIP? Does anything download?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 06:03:08 PM »
Yea....  if I upload a zipped file lets say called "something.rar" and this file is 2 meg zipped up with the file extension .rar when it comes to download the file after purchase it downloads to the computer just fine. The downloaded file is 2 meg, but it has an unknown file format and the pc kinda says " do you wish to search the web to open this file"

Very strange indeed.

Regards

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 06:06:55 PM »
I have tested the download out manually too. I have typed the full path into my browser to make sure the file downloads, and it does. It comes down as a rar file

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 05:34:37 AM »
Yea....  if I upload a zipped file lets say called "something.rar" and this file is 2 meg zipped up with the file extension .rar when it comes to download the file after purchase it downloads to the computer just fine. The downloaded file is 2 meg, but it has an unknown file format and the pc kinda says " do you wish to search the web to open this file"

Very strange indeed.

Regards

Hello.
You need to configure Download mask read http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,2654.msg11330.html#msg11330