Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Billigual cart  (Read 4973 times)

Offline pavlos1

• View Profile
Billigual cart
« on: October 26, 2014, 11:29:38 AM »
The cart I am making is a billingual one.
However, the product description has fields for only one language. Do I have t write the description twice?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Billigual cart
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 06:31:37 AM »
Hello.

When you have several languages installed you need to select another content language to edit product description

Offline pavlos1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 05:24:08 AM »
So I'll have to do the edit manually? Is there a way to automate it (the translation)?
Thanks!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 05:31:17 AM »
Hello.

You able Override if source language text was changed or Auto translate with Google translate API v2. Please read this manual http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/81-admin-user-manual/specific-manuals/language-auto-translate .

Note: Google API v2 is paid service

Offline Ollie

• View Profile
    • Assistech
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 08:35:17 PM »
Google API2 is indeed a paid service. Currently, they charge $20 USD per 1 M characters of text. Depending on the size of the website, this may end up being a costly solution. I found an alternate solution that costs about the same per month with the advantage of allowing more translation traffic data (up to 10 GB per month). I paid someone to develop a module for me that makes Abantecart compatible with this service. It requires a subdomain for each language. For example, es.yourdomain.com for Spanish, cn.yourdomain.com for Chinese, and so on. It provides translation in about 280 languages, but my solution is limited to 10 languages (the same 10 language extensions that are currently available in Abantecart Marketplace). Other advantages of this solution are: (1) The translation data is stored in their cloud server (all you need is to host your web pages in one language. (2) The service is SEO-friendly in the sense that both the page text and meta data (i.e., page title, description, and keywords) are all translated. (3) There is no indication in the source code that the text is machine-translated. (4) The service provides an easy way to edit translations manually, if needed. And last but not least, the website will have language prefixes in top level subdomains, which is good for purposes of Google ranking in the global market. The subdomains are configured in the cPanel. Having an SSL wildcard certificate to go with this solution is a great idea. It would allow customers to check out securely in any language. I'll be happy to share more about this. If interested, please send me a message.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:00:35 PM by Ollie »
Assistive technologies for people with special needs:
https://assistech.com/store/