Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: HOW CAN I EDITH MY PRODUCT CATEGORIES  (Read 4711 times)

Offline jonoobest

• View Profile
HOW CAN I EDITH MY PRODUCT CATEGORIES
« on: December 04, 2014, 06:41:37 AM »
Hi,

been having an issue with my store front for a while, I want my product categories arranged on the left handside of the homepage with a mouse over effect to display sub-categories when the cursor is on the Category (alibaba.com), my programmer said the PHP codes could not be edited. this had been my challenges pls help!!!.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:05:50 AM by jonoobest »

Offline otterslide

• View Profile
Re: HOW CAN I EDITH MY PRODUCT CATEGORIES
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 05:08:27 PM »
That would be very difficult with the HTML5 responsive layout.  It depends what layout you're using.  If you want a side menu on the left you'll likely have to go with a fixed layout, or you'll need to really work at it to make it responsive with a lot of media queries in the CSS.

I'd say the PHP is not the problem, the templates can be changed all you want.. it's the template styles that would require a lot of work.  If you look at alibaba, and resize it to 320 width, it can't manage that.

Something like

themes.tielabs.com/?theme=sokar

would be a theme like what you're looking for regarding the menu.. it would take a lot of work to integrate that into AbanteCart though.

You may be able to find a freelancer, etc. who could do that, but it's definitely not impossible.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 05:10:15 PM by otterslide »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HOW CAN I EDITH MY PRODUCT CATEGORIES
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 04:00:26 AM »
my programmer said the PHP codes could not be edited. this had been my challenges pls help!!!.

Hello. You able to edit php code. One problem - your changes will be overridden in case cart upgrade.