Author Topic: Forbidden ! You don't have permission to access /store/index.php on this server.  (Read 42642 times)

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
what file permission of your public_html/store/index.php ?
What post_max_size and upload_max_size  of your php.ini?
is some errors related to http 500 error code present in your error log of AbanteCart and httpd.error.log of your webserver (you can find it in your CPanel) ?
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I would appreciate any help, as this is a very good piece of software, but after a week or more now trying to solve the problem I'm about to cut my losses and try something else as not being able to upload images and the fact it seems to crash my server, is a deal breaker. Pity.

Hello.

Can you ask your host to temporary disable mod-security? Check this http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,2533.msg12564.html#msg12564

Also you can try to using chmod 0777 for both the resources and system/cache folders.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 08:35:03 AM by Basara »

Offline helperbee

• View Profile
I'm hoping there is another suggestion. I've carefully read and tried everything without success.
I have no errors in the log.

The "Forbidden" error also states "a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."  Maybe that's a clue for someone there. Not me.

Please help. I'm days away from launching this store. I really need this to work.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here are the most common causes of 403 errors:
1 - Mod Security has blocked access to the page due to a rule infringement
Mod security is a system that filters all incoming requests to your website. It works in the background, and checks every page request against thousands of rules

2 - Incorrect file permissions
In order for the world to be able to browse your website, you have to give it permission! This is usually all handled automatically when you upload files. However, if you have been working with permissions, then it's possible you made a mistake.

Please ask your hosting provider to help you

Offline mikerr

• View Profile
Disabling mod_security fixed this issue for me - in the short term - but not happy leaving it like that permanently.

Still investigating if I can get it done with just permissions changes...

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
just change permissions for this file to read-only 644
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Damian Norris

• View Profile
The problem that you'll are having is with your host Mod Security. I had that same problem with one of my customers and I set the Mod Security to ( Do not process the rules.) and that fix the problem.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 06:07:15 PM by Damian Norris »