Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Linking Titles  (Read 7102 times)

Offline Ciretose10

• View Profile
Linking Titles
« on: February 21, 2015, 12:07:39 PM »
Two questions. The first is, is there anyway to possible add a link to either the title tags on the home page such as "Featured" or "Latest Products"? I would like to make either those titles clickable or the subtitles that follow.

My second question is is there a way to get the Specials page to display in the the navigation menu?

Thanks

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Linking Titles
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 08:13:54 AM »
Two questions. The first is, is there anyway to possible add a link to either the title tags on the home page such as "Featured" or "Latest Products"? I would like to make either those titles clickable or the subtitles that follow.
You can try to edit title text in admin and add <a> tag to it
If this does not work, you will need to edit HTML template for this.
My second question is is there a way to get the Specials page to display in the the navigation menu?
You can use menu management to add page to navigation. I refer to drop down. If you need to have this across with categories, you will need to edit HTML template
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Ciretose10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:16:14 AM »
Thanks for your reply. Can you give the path directory to the HTML. I would like to try adding the <a> tag.

Offline Ciretose10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 01:16:54 PM »
Thanks you so much! It worked like a charm  :)

Offline chrisoft

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 01:18:37 PM »
Can you give us instructions on how to do it please??

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Natural Handcrafted Soaps
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 02:09:25 PM »
The titles in Featured, Best Sellers what have you, are already linked in 1.2.1

Offline chrisoft

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 03:12:19 AM »
I have the version 1.2.1 but the titles FEATURED, LATEST PRODUCTS, BESTSELLERS, SPECIALS, are not clickable. I want to make them clickable for example when i click on FEATURED  to show me all the featured products e.t.c

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Natural Handcrafted Soaps
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 07:57:12 AM »
I have the version 1.2.1 but the titles FEATURED, LATEST PRODUCTS, BESTSELLERS, SPECIALS, are not clickable. I want to make them clickable for example when i click on FEATURED  to show me all the featured products e.t.c

Those titles you want to link don't have their own pages, they are blocks that can be displayed on one or more pages of your choice via layouts in the design section of the admin panel. In the setting area, you can select how many of each block you want to display on pages where you have those attributes enabled.

But, to repeat myself, there is no Featured or Bestsellers or Special pages to link to.

Therefore, linking them would be of no value, there is no place to link them too.