Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Customer Login Not working  (Read 3527 times)

Offline kenlhlp

• View Profile
Customer Login Not working
« on: April 15, 2017, 03:38:33 PM »
I am having an issue with AbanteCart on one of my websites - For some reason the login keeps telling me the passwords are incorrect when trying to login. I've gone in to the admin area and changed the passwords for my test accounts and then logged out and tried to log back in with the new password and it STILL tells me the password is incorrect. I went through the Forgot Password process and it emailed me a new password and even that one doesn't work.  I have tried in other browsers and other computers with the same result.

I just tried using the username instead of the email address in the email address field.  IT worked fine.  So how do i change the text for email address to username in the account login?

ANy ideas,
Ken
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:41:50 PM by kenlhlp »

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Customer Login Not working
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 10:20:15 PM »
Looks like there is an issue with encryption or decoding. Do you get any error or warning in the AbanteCart log?
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Customer Login Not working
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 03:04:15 AM »
I just tried using the username instead of the email address in the email address field.  IT worked fine.  So how do i change the text for email address to username in the account login?

You can change any text in AbanteCart admin. Try AbanteCart global search inside admin
or go directly to Language definitions section

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.